Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Canadian LAN Parties & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15, 2011, 07:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for your good work Llew, it was really appreciated... And we could see you worked and were working hard for this, as far as I'm concerned, it was a success.
Old May 15, 2011, 06:34 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks for your good work Llew, it was really appreciated... And we could see you worked and were working hard for this, as far as I'm concerned, it was a success.
Glad you had a good time. Does that mean I can count you in for "Armed and Dangerous: Reloaded" this fall? ;)
Old May 15, 2011, 07:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If its SC2, can I pre-register ?

My personnal preference would be no later than the end of August, but I think u'll have a hard time getting rid of me either way, unless u make this in the East, in Laval or in Southshore.
Old May 15, 2011, 07:58 PM
Rookie

Would probably be closer to the middleg of August due to back to school. I think that since we did so well our first time out that I should be able to get more funding and do a couple of tourneys. Maybe 2 or 3 smaller ones so that more people can participate and have fun. Say something like a FPS, Traditional RTS like SC2 and maybe something like HoN or LoL? Grand Prizes would probably have to be smaller, but we shall see. I have some planning to do. ;)

As for the location, I have a running deal with Gamers Vault for my first few events. Before anyone says anything about the size of the place... don't panic! We are well aware that space was tight and if we get any more people showing up next time it would be intolerable if we had the same setup. That being said, we have some ideas that we think will work. But more on that at a later date.

I cant wait to do the next one now. lol
Old May 15, 2011, 08:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I must say I actually loved going to Gamer's vault... Just when I got in, it brought back so many memories of when I was playing Magic and DnD... Then there were the computers.... sure it could be bigger, but small is not bad either.
Old May 15, 2011, 08:33 PM
Banned
F@H

how about wolfenstein?

loved it back in the daye
Old May 16, 2011, 07:31 PM
Associate Review Editor

It was definitely a great LAN event, the first in Montreal with an LN2 overclocking demonstration. Hopefully it is the first of many, since people showed a lot of interest in beginning to and/or getting better at OC'ing.

Considering the fact that I did't have much prep time going sub-zero, I am actually pretty pleased with the result:

CPU-Z Link

I didn't actually take part in the gaming tournament, but based on all the chatter I was hearing I know people had an awesome time.

If there's another event in August, I will be there

For now, here are some pics from this event:

Click on image to enlarge

Last edited by MAC; March 27, 2014 at 08:15 AM.
Old May 16, 2011, 10:11 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Same here. Expect HWC to be a bit more involved next time so I hope to see everyone there!
Old May 18, 2011, 11:16 AM
Rookie

Quote:
If there's another event in August, I will be there
MAC, if you want to come, I will bring the LN2. ;)

Quote:
Same here. Expect HWC to be a bit more involved next time so I hope to see everyone there!
I def appreciate that Sky. After I get settled into my normal routine and catch up on all my missed sleep I will drop you a line and we can discuss.

Last edited by Llew; May 18, 2011 at 12:55 PM.