Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Canadian LAN Parties & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18, 2011, 01:30 AM
Rookie

Default Americans want LAN

Hey there, a couple of years ago some friends and I heard of a Canadian LAN party known as LANageddon. We are all active gamers down here in the States so we decided that we should make the trip and see how Canadians play.

After an 18 hour road trip we finally made it to Calgary and thoroughly enjoyed the 3 day event. Being the only Americans at the party (Which we didn't expect), we made quite an impression on the community there.

When the party ended and we left our new friends and the party behind, we promised to come back next time they hosted. To our surprise the founders of LANageddon later stated on their website that they had no plans of rehosting a party due to economic problems and sponsors of the event.

To get to the end of my story, I've been searching for over a year for another LAN event in Canada to attend. I was curious as to whether or not any of you had any recommendations for a good LAN come October 2011 or anytime after that. I've got a whole community down here in Idaho that would love to get together with the Canadian community up North. I've heard of Fragapalooza, and Lanpartyeh.com(Which I will be checking out shortly)

I was just hoping to get the opinion of the local gamers and fans here. Let me know guys!
Old March 18, 2011, 12:58 PM
Top Prospect

LANified! LANparties hosts regular events throughout the year in Calgary. The majority of our staff is very experienced in the LAN scene and we've been hosting for many years now. For our coming event we actually have 2 people from Colorado trying to get their butts up here, and I'm pretty confident they will show.

We don't have one for October at this time, we have one planned for June, but we do want to host another one later in the year too (unsure when just yet).

You can find out the details for our coming event at: LANified!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me, or you can email me at bloodyiron at shaw dot ca .

I'm glad you had a good time up here in our city, and it's pretty cool you want to return. Let me know if there's anything we can do to help accommodate. :)
Old March 21, 2011, 12:26 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

ETS (lanets.ca) is usually pretty big I've gone 4 or 5 times to this event now and its always pretty good turnout.

There are a few other smaller ones near Toronto but I don't know if its worth your time to go play 12 other teams.

Comp1 (Mine) : ASUS P9X79 LE, 3960X, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1333, PNY 770 4GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, OCZ Vertex3 480GB, 600GB VelociRaptor, Corsair 1000HX, Cool Master Cosmos 2

Comp2 (Wife's) : ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2700K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866, 1TB HD, 2TB HD, EVGA 660, Corsair 1000HX, HAF 922

Comp3 (Kids) : ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2700K, 8GB 1866 GSkill, Gigabyte 770, Crucial M4 120GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB,1TB WD Black, Antec 850W, Antec 120