Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Canadian LAN Parties & Events (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/canadian-lan-parties-events/)
-   -   Vancouver "C-Toan" LAN (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/canadian-lan-parties-events/27711-vancouver-c-toan-lan.html)

Polygon January 12, 2010 11:59 PM

Vancouver "C-Toan" LAN

finally there's a BC LAN happening (I was not at CAPLAN 17 so the last one I went to was LowermanLAN 2 last year.)

C-Toan 6!
LAN Party Eh | Event Details for C-Toan LAN 6

Anyone plan on going? I hope to go but it being that far (I live in North Van) I might not be able to.

Overclocker~4.1 January 13, 2010 12:04 AM

I have never been to a lan party.. *tears*

Polygon January 13, 2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overclocker~4.1 (Post 316932)
I have never been to a lan party.. *tears*

You should go, it's fun... and tiring afterwards. Tournaments, prizes, people all around, energy drinks, pizza. What's not to like?

Overclocker~4.1 January 13, 2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickpolyz (Post 316935)
You should go, it's fun... and tiring afterwards. Tournaments, prizes, people all around, energy drinks, pizza. What's not to like?

Haha, I wouldn't know whats not to like haha. You don't have to bring your own PC do ya?

Polygon January 13, 2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overclocker~4.1 (Post 316936)
Haha, I wouldn't know whats not to like haha. You don't have to bring your own PC do ya?

Most people end up bringing their computers or sometimes laptops. If you want though, often LAN's will have computers set up by sponsors or by the organizers to rent or (sometimes) for free. There are also consoles which usually are supplied for free by the organizer.

This LAN has a $10 charge for example if you want to use one of their computers for the night.

Overclocker~4.1 January 13, 2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickpolyz (Post 316940)
Most people end up bringing their computers or sometimes laptops. If you want though, often LAN's will have computers set up by sponsors or by the organizers to rent or (sometimes) for free. There are also consoles which usually are supplied for free by the organizer.

This LAN has a $10 charge for example if you want to use one of their computers for the night.

Ah, well thats not bad. I would love to bring mine to one, I know it would turn heads. But it would take 2 people to carry it. 1 person for the external cooler and the other for the case.:haha: I will have to keep an eye out for a Edmonton LAN.:thumb:

BrokenHalo83 January 13, 2010 01:24 AM

Fragapalooza is in Edmonton every summer

Overclocker~4.1 January 13, 2010 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenHalo83 (Post 316947)
Fragapalooza is in Edmonton every summer

Is it? when?

Cptn Vortex January 13, 2010 11:59 AM

:( I cant make it. Going to be in Big White!

Linus January 13, 2010 12:13 PM

I usually try to attend C-TOAN events, but we'll see what happens.