Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Canadian LAN Parties & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5, 2009, 04:01 AM
Rookie

Default Software to manage your LAN Party website! (By the guys from LAN Party EH!)

I know a lot of you have your own websites to host information about your events, so I thought i'd take some time to tell you about this little open source gem that I've been working on for the past 6 months: nc-cms.

It's a content management system with the primary goals of being easy to use, and super quick to integrate into an existing website. By design it's also very fast compared to traditional CMS's because of the design paradigms being used behind the scenes.

We've been using it up on the LowerMainLAN website successfully for about a month now, and it's been just great.

You can find the project here: http://www.nconsulting.ca/nc-cms/

It's a fairly new project so feedback is appreciated!
Old May 5, 2009, 04:08 AM
Allstar

I'm in the process of learning how do develop websites and it's very difficult to figure out which programs to focus on for implementation. More of a hobby then anything else but this looks interesting.

CHEERS
Old May 5, 2009, 04:37 AM
Rookie

Ah Mark, if you decide to go as far as to using a content manager, i'd totally recommend using this one. It can be used effectively with even just basic knowledge of PHP.

You will be pleased to know that i'm currently in the process of writing an article for my blog that will introduce casual website developers such as yourself to the world of CMS's, step by step with nc-cms.

Although if you do decide to jump right in, be my guest! The current documentation is very straight forward.
Old May 10, 2009, 11:48 PM
Rookie

This weekend saw a lot of testing and development, we've just released version 2.1.4 which introduces a slew of usability improvements! It's now also up on the main page.

Also, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!