Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Canadian LAN Parties & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16, 2009, 03:28 PM
HaDeS

Default Any lanners in calgary or alberta

Just wondering how many dudes are about for lanning in calgary and area. There's a few of us that get together for a good piss up a couple times a year.
Old March 16, 2009, 03:43 PM
Banned
F@H

My familial obligations prevent me from making any real commitment to LANs...the best I can do is pop into Fraga for a couple hours every summer...
Old March 16, 2009, 11:24 PM
Allstar
F@H

Something I keep wanting to do, buuut being that every time I try to move to Calgary something goes to the crapper, I'm stuck in Lloydminster, where it seems people would prefer to break into a car then have a lan.

Old March 18, 2009, 04:16 PM
Top Prospect

I had tried to organize a LAN back in Oct/Nov but it whent all bad after costing it out. Plus I had just moved here, so money was kind of tight. I am more then willing to assist in planning one though, and I would love to meet some fellow HWC and Ncix users. Maybe plan one around the firing up of Thinktank V2?

Not too many decent venues that can handle a large LAN, the price I got for the telus centre was like $1000 + all modifications required to power all of the computers. I also looked into a community centre, but even a 2 breaker room can only handle like ~7-8 gaming rigs (1 single pull breaker = 1500 watts)
Old March 19, 2009, 04:14 PM
Rookie

START SMALL! 30 people including organizers. look for a community canter multi purpose room or do it through a highschool/college/university. They usually give alumni discounts and also advertisement opportunities.

I wrote a basic lanparty guild that applies to the west lan mentality. I didn't go much in to venue. but that is usually the biggest cost. for small lans don worry about 'fast' networking. and extension cords can bring power from all over the building. ou will hardly ever find a room with enough power in it. If you do, give the electrition head shortly after ensuring a god relation for many lans by breaking out the knee pads for the venue owner. oh yes, expect lans to grow slowly. LANPARTYEH.com • View topic - manuel
(by fratchwaggon on Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:39 pm)
LAN 100 PC, 80 console
CapLAN is the longest running lanparty in Vancouver. Its a frequent casual lan hosted at Capilano University.
CapLAN 17 80 People TBA (September 2009)
Old March 19, 2009, 06:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I spend alot of time in fort mcmurray, my parents live there and I go there to work once in a while. A little far off from calgary though =( a one a year type trip could be fun.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old March 20, 2009, 02:12 PM
Top Prospect

I`d be up for it, I`m directly in calgary.
Old March 21, 2009, 01:09 PM
HaDeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall86 View Post
I had tried to organize a LAN back in Oct/Nov but it whent all bad after costing it out. Plus I had just moved here, so money was kind of tight. I am more then willing to assist in planning one though, and I would love to meet some fellow HWC and Ncix users. Maybe plan one around the firing up of Thinktank V2?

Not too many decent venues that can handle a large LAN, the price I got for the telus centre was like $1000 + all modifications required to power all of the computers. I also looked into a community centre, but even a 2 breaker room can only handle like ~7-8 gaming rigs (1 single pull breaker = 1500 watts)

Not an issue dude... we built a 220 box to 120 plug electrical box years ago.... all it needs is a 220 plug like a stove ;) I think we can run 10 comps off that box easy.

We should try and plan one around the Think tank... that would be coolio :) Lemmie get the word out see what we can do.
Old August 7, 2009, 12:50 AM
MVP

im in Calgary to, id be interested provided you dont mind a 15 year old heh...

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
15" Macbook Pro Retina - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock
Old August 7, 2009, 07:05 AM
Top Prospect

Count me in. Havent had a Lan party since, well the days of 200mmx's, and those twist on network cables lol. 31 now, and just finished my gaming rig. Im in Sundance. Cheers
Win 7 64 bit / Antec 1200 / E8400 EK Supreme LT / Xfx 780i SLI / Mushkin 6Gb EM2-6400 - Corsair 3 Fan Cooler / Corsair HX 1000W / 2xSeagate Sata II - Raid 0 / 1xSeagate Sata II - Storage and backup / 2xEVGA GTX285 1Gb- SLI Ek blocks / 2x240 Swiftech Rad, Full Push-Pull / MCP355 w/ Petra Top / Micro Res / Danger Den Fillport Blue / Matrox Digital TH2G / 3xSamsung 226BW's