Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Canadian LAN Parties & Events (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/canadian-lan-parties-events/)
-   -   Best Lan Events in Canada (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/canadian-lan-parties-events/10699-best-lan-events-canada.html)

Sillystring October 9, 2008 11:16 AM

Best Lan Events in Canada

Ok, thanks in advance for helping out the noob :biggrin: Whats the best Lan events to attend in Canada?

Jon_di2 October 9, 2008 04:28 PM

Ones with your own friends I would guess :whistle:

Haha but if you mean large organized ones, take a look at the list in this section of the forum. Where are you located, because most are on the West coast of Canada? Or does it matter to you where they are in Canada?

oksir October 9, 2008 08:20 PM

Fragapalooza

BrainEater October 10, 2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon_di2 (Post 97987)
Ones with your own friends I would guess :whistle:

QFT

Get some of your friends together and hold your own.while the big ones are definitely something to check out , I much prefer smaller ones , where I can control who's there.(attend a few big ones , you'll understand this)

:thumb:

snaggletooth October 26, 2008 10:08 AM

i wish there was more going on in the GTA. i'm in oshawa and i've never found an event worth attending... and most of my friends don't even understand why i'm so enthusiastic about computers, they're xbox360 gamers who don't even use the online features of the console.

ikeenen October 27, 2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaggletooth (Post 104895)
i wish there was more going on in the GTA. i'm in oshawa and i've never found an event worth attending... and most of my friends don't even understand why i'm so enthusiastic about computers, they're xbox360 gamers who don't even use the online features of the console.

I know how you feel! Being from Oshawa myself... I know people around here really love their 360's

AFG34 November 4, 2008 07:50 PM

hmm any lans in the ottawa area? im not familiar with the lan scene.

odis172 November 4, 2008 11:33 PM

Im in Halifax, you wanna talk about dead. Let alone a good cod4 lan :(

Gameplaywarrior November 5, 2008 10:46 AM

Well atleast your not in Newfoundland........Im really starting to think there is no computer enthusiast comunity here at all:shok:

hplovesauce November 5, 2008 04:58 PM

as i have lanned with braineater more times then i can count i'd have to agree with jon_di2 and him that home lans are more gooder. fragapolooza should definetly be checked out ... simply huge but home lans carry far less behavioural protocols if you know what i am saying.
:whistle:

if you goto Fraga i hope they are still doing their Rock/Paper/Scissors tourney. Golden.

we brought a vert keg (half) of Wild Rose Wred Wheat to our last one. Good Calgary microbrewery. shoulda got a full one ... we dusted it by 1:30 friday night. *slurp*.

lans ftw!!