Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Buy/Sell & Trade > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4, 2014, 07:56 AM
Trial Member

Default Uberg33k scammed me

I bought a Radeon R9 270 from Uberg33k last week. Received the package and there's nothing in it. I can't PM him since it says he can't receive or chose not to receive PMs...
Old March 4, 2014, 08:25 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I've just dropped him a PM to see if I can get a response from him.

Please send me a PM with your particulars and if possible copy/paste your correspondence with him WRT the sale and I'll see if there is anything we can do to resolve the issue.

Steve

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old March 4, 2014, 08:43 AM
Trial Member

PM'd

thanks!
Old May 5, 2014, 09:06 AM
Rookie

That's my worst fear for shipped trading. Keep us updated on how it gets resolved, because if that really is the case and it's through paypal or something, they'll show the tracking info for the empty box.
Old May 7, 2014, 10:35 AM
Allstar

Omg that's a nightmare I hope this guy sends you what he owes you. Out of my almost 6 years of online trading I have... I have only had that happen once and I had to contact the Texas state police to get what that guy owed me.
2x L5639 Xeons @ 3.6ghz Noctua NH-D14 cooled stable 24/7 | EVGA Classified SR-2 | 3x2GB 12GB Mushkin Triple Channel Memory | 2x GTX 570 SLI | 120GB OCZ Vertex 3/3TB Seagate | Enermax Platimax 850w | NZXT Switch 810 White | Windows 7 Ultimate | Samsung 40" LCD HDTV
A+ NET+ Linux+ LPIC-1 MCP MCTS MCSA MCITP
World of Tanks WGLNA
CSGO ESEA
Heatware: MarcusFoX
Old May 7, 2014, 10:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm very sorry to hear you were taken, and I hope the right thing comes of it. But I hope this doesn't taint the sales on this forum too much as I've had some great dealings here. There's a reason why the mods post warnings on the BST forums that you are taking a risk and you should be careful who you deal with and how. This forum does a great job moderating things to the best of their ability, but at the end of the day, the transaction details are between the buyer and the seller.

Again, I'm sorry to hear and I hope it gets resolved OK.
Old May 7, 2014, 10:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The sales Admins on this forum are top notch sold over 30k in gear here and bought about half that, sure I have had issues but SS and Sugar usually are dealing with the issues before I even get a chance to pm them something went wrong
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old May 7, 2014, 01:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
I'm very sorry to hear you were taken, and I hope the right thing comes of it. But I hope this doesn't taint the sales on this forum too much as I've had some great dealings here. There's a reason why the mods post warnings on the BST forums that you are taking a risk and you should be careful who you deal with and how. This forum does a great job moderating things to the best of their ability, but at the end of the day, the transaction details are between the buyer and the seller.

Again, I'm sorry to hear and I hope it gets resolved OK.
I fully agree with this , I have never had any problems with anyone on this forum I do go through phases where I buy things and most everything I have built I am talking about 5 different PC's a server plus other things like media players PC peripherals have been bought from this forum over the past few years and never had any issues .

I also hope this mess gets straightened out.
Old May 7, 2014, 02:11 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Check the date on the OP folks, this was dealt with long ago.
Closed Thread