Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
Maybe I have things wrong, but don't you get these things for free? If not, then I understand your pricing, I just always thought you got these for free from the manufacturer to test/review.

And I'm just saying in my case, I haven't paid to ship anything in forever since NCIX opened up locations in the GTA.
You do realize this money goes to charity right? kind of low talking about lower prices when it gets donated...I do door to door things for H&S 3 times yearly, otherwise I would be grabbing things from here regularly, heart attacks and strokes are the #1 killer in my family.
Old April 19, 2012, 10:04 AM
Allstar
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungwirez View Post
nice Skymtl. I hadn't noticed your charity. very worthy.

I would personally challenge everyone to take a CPR course
New guidlines include how to use the AED.

Save a life even if you don't need new GPUs.
Bungwirez, ICU RN
Take it every three years it is a part of my 1st aid training for working in the oilfield, been trained with an AED 3 times now, the teacher likes to use me to demo on the dummy during class now :(
Old April 19, 2012, 10:10 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Fair enough but with the money going directly to a charity instead of into my own pockets, I VERY much prefer to charge used market value minus 5-10% for anything here. As you will see, the prices are typically quite a bit lower than others ask for the same used items.

Heck, I don't even claim the money given to the H&S foundation on my yearly taxes....

Plus, while the items are used and carry prices accordingly, it isn't like I have been abusing them by overvolting or running in overly hot conditions over the period of months like some do. Add to that a trusted seller who has links to manufacturers should anything come up, fast shipping, proper packaging and a long list of satisfied "customers" and I don't think there should be any questioning these sales, nor the prices. Not in the least.

As a matter of fact, had this been any other BST thread, your comments would have been deleted but I'll allow them to say since you bring up points I am sure many have been asking themselves.
Old April 19, 2012, 10:49 AM
Allstar
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

I think its great what you do but I almost wonder if you only sell these when you know my bank account is empty =D (I blame insurance it comes out on 19th of every month $400 :( )

Anyway other then the conspiracy theory I think what you do is great and the fact that you donate many would not be so generous and would just go buy new toys with the money.

The only other thing I did consider (but I know this isn't a betting or auction type site) but what bout everyone buying a ticket so to speak (like a draw)

charge $10 a ticket and you only need 40 people (for a $400 item)
charge $15 a ticket and you only need 27 people (for a $400 item)

Gives a little more range of people having a chance to get this. As well as it gets us all contributing to Charity :)

Just a thought but I have nothing wrong with your current way either except prefer you wait till I have cash lol!

Comp1 (Mine) : ASUS P9X79 LE, 3960X, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1333, PNY 770 4GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB, OCZ Vertex3 480GB, 600GB VelociRaptor, Corsair 1000HX, Cool Master Cosmos 2

Comp2 (Wife's) : ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2700K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866, 1TB HD, 2TB HD, EVGA 660, Corsair 1000HX, HAF 922

Comp3 (Kids) : ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2700K, 8GB 1866 GSkill, Gigabyte 770, Crucial M4 120GB, OCZ Vertex3 240GB,1TB WD Black, Antec 850W, Antec 120
Old April 19, 2012, 10:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Giveaways :D I love it haha
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old April 19, 2012, 10:54 AM
Hall Of Fame

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

As always nice deals on barely used cards. I am surprised the buyer backed out on the gigabyte card (though I know it will not remain unsold for long...it would be my pick of the bunch if I was upgrading).
Old April 19, 2012, 11:06 AM
Allstar

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Charity or no charity, if you get the cards for free, then you're charging quite a bit; if you pay for them, then I understand.
Keep in mind, there's NO warranty on these cards, so the value is automatically lower than someone else selling their own unit that carries warranty.

Anyway, $450 is a half decent price, not saying it's horrible, just expected lower.
Old April 19, 2012, 11:17 AM
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Enough threadcrapping. No more price discussion will be tolerated. If you don't like the price, don't buy the cards.
Old April 19, 2012, 11:24 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
Keep in mind, there's NO warranty on these cards, so the value is automatically lower than someone else selling their own unit that carries warranty.
As some of my previous buyers will tell you, I bend over absolutely backwards to ensure everything works out. About a year ago, someone bought a card from me and had issues about two months after purchase. I had them ship it back to me and I paid myself to send it back to the manufacturer and then paid again to send the replacement card back to them. I even paid the buyer back for their shipping to me. The same situation just came up about two months ago and it was handled.

Not saying this would happen every time but I am more than willing to back up these cards should anything arise within a few months of purchase. And let's be honest (knock on wood), after selling more than 200 cards, only TWO (so far) have experienced problems to my knowledge.
Old April 19, 2012, 12:14 PM
Allstar

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Well thanks for that Sky, that helps, because that is one of the reasons why I have never bought any of the review units. When spending big bucks on these products, you want some kind of warranty should things fail down the road. Good to know you back things up like this, it will make my purchasing of review units in the future easier to swallow. Heck, maybe I'll pickup the lightning now that I know there's some kind of coverage.

Tags
buy & sell , review