Allstar

Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Default Old Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop

Have had my old Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop since my university days. It's been sitting, in my office without getting any use. I had thought about throwing a build of Linux on there but never got around to it.

I find I just have less and less time to do these sorts of things, so maybe it can be a project for someone. Plus I need less things! Not more!

Specs of the old beast are:

15.4", 1200 x 800 screen
AMD Turion 64 X 2 TL-56 1.8GHz
2GB RAM
ATI Radeon XPress 1150 (128MB IIRC)
120GB HDD
Win XP Home

The one downside to this machine is it won't charge the battery. I recall doing some investigation way back when and it was a motherboard issue that was well known. It was past the warranty date by the time it happened, so I never got it fixed. That being said, it works perfectly when plugged in to it's power source.

Track pad is fine, the DVD rom works, WiFi is pretty quick. It does not have a webcam, and when you boot up it gives some random message about the power supply but you bypass it by pressing any key. Once in a while closing the lid doesn't register (see the pic below) but fixes itself once you open and close it again.

$100, or make me an offer, reasonable offers not refused, as they say.

I also have the manuals + CDs it came with if you want those. Comes with genuine win XP as well, so you can upgrade that or whatever you like. I'd prefer a local deal (GVRD), but if you want it shipped we can work out something reasonable like splitting the cost 50/50. If it comes down to it I prefer EMT, but can do PayPal as a last resort.

Screen's a little dusty, but i'll clean that up! Also, sorry about the blur, the 35mm lens is all I have on me at the moment...:big grin: My poor attempt at product photography in poor lighting