Old January 22, 2013, 11:02 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

I'm out. I priced everything and you are selling everything for half of replacement cost, good deal.
But I refuse to pay anyone $300 to ship a bloody PC. That is just stupid. I just ordered 16 laptops, 16 bar code scanners and 2 huge label printers from Ontario, Shipping was $56 for the order. Purolator.
I'm ranting at the couriers, not the seller. They really screw the average Joe.
Old January 22, 2013, 04:11 PM
Rookie

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

That they do! None the less great deal from the seller and grats on the sale :) All I can say is I wish I was local haha :)
Old January 22, 2013, 04:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

OP Us Canada Post you can save tons and I mean tons on shipping, dont do rush just do insured. I shipped a 30lb box from AB to ONT today for $22, I made the mistake of doing that is Puro once cost me almost $200
Contests will be done on there from now on :)
http://realhardwarereviews.com/
Always up for a Beer in Calgary or Area

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Old January 22, 2013, 04:41 PM
Allstar
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

I knew that wouldnt last too long even at 1600, that was a super steal. probably deal of the year at least.
Old January 22, 2013, 08:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

wow great deal bump for the op and ya use canada post man i have a venture one and i have shipped bigger box to van the whole pc and was right around the 100 just insure it. bump for a wish i had the coin great deal
Old February 2, 2013, 12:56 AM
Rookie

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Default shipping shipping shipping

I have shipped over a 100 items on Canuck Audio,eBay and Audiogon (before joing HWC) and I can tell you who ships the best where. I too have Canada Post Venture One also but I can tell you about more than a dozen cases that CP has left packages at a door exposed in the weather and could be easily stolen for any greedy hands close by.
Although Purolator is more expensive and also more expensive for insurance at $4.00 per 100 vs. Canada Post I think is around 1.50 per 100, they are safer, more reliable and do repeat delievery attempts...bottom line you get one you pay for.
I would not stick a pc system on a truck with just anybody and secondly trying to put a claim with Canada Post is the most gut wretching affair, similair to going through a bad divorce and a colonoscopy at the same time.
Last time I checked you cannot even submit a claim till after 60 days. Claims normally are refunded to the shipper after the process is done, and if he does not refund you you are both out your money and item and that could take several months to even get to that point.
So you might save a few bucks on shipping but in the long run if things go sour you will be out your system and your costs in the long run.

NB: I once ordered a set of speakers through UPS from stateside and when getting the box at the depot the box was literally falling apart in my hands, the speaker stands were broken and speakers falling apart. Did a claim with UPS right then and there, waited for months through a few phone interviews from UPS head office for the claim etc. and end result the seller never refunded me.
Same thing happened doing a difrferent claim through Paypal, a useless waste of time. Tried a claim through Canada Post but no claim as there was no visible packaging damage. So if they drop your pc from the truck and the box is not damage but your internals get fried from moisture or damaged from impact ...NO CLAIM.

Bottom line is use the most reliable and reputable company not the least expensive. It may the lesser of shipping evils but we are at the mercy of those shippers if they are having a good day or not.
Old February 2, 2013, 01:25 AM
Rookie

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Default Purolator

Well, having worked for Purolator I can guarantee you that your parcels are handled with minimal care, time is the crucial factor. Unloading trailers the expected speed is 1 box per 3 seconds guess how much "care" that timeframe allows. I am not a disgruntled ex-employee either, I left a supervisory (unloading Dock so I KNOW what happens) position on great terms for a less stressful career, working with the mentally/physically challenged.

Also in our rural town purolator routinely gets our packages stuck in a misdirect loop going around Vancouver island. But hey to each their own
I am lost I can't even remember my name.

Old February 2, 2013, 01:56 AM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Damn! Why didn't I notice this sooner. It was a local deal too! Congrats on selling it.
Old February 2, 2013, 03:22 AM
MVP

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

I have to say what you said about Canada Post is incorrect. They do not leave packages on the step unless they are small enough to fit in the mail box or between the door/screen door. Never will they leave a package on the step. Ship with signature required and they will never leave anything anywhere as they need the signature to delivery the item. Anything outside of the above is grounds to make a complaint as someone is not doing their job correctly.
They do also reattempt delivery if you call and ask them. Its a bit of a PITA for them but they will do it if you can explain to them why its not possible for you to get to your closest post office where the package was dropped off to pick it up.
Canada Post is alot cheaper than Purolator in all aspects. Insurance did go up to $1.95 per $100 though with the first $100 included. Also Purolator is owned by Canada Post.
I do admit though that I've always been happy with purolator when I've dealt with them. I often get my NCIX packages from them when I take advantage of the $8,$10, $15 etc shipping deals. From a shipping perspective I'd never use them as the increased cost for nearly on par service is a deal breaker for me. Great to ship with if you have a corporate account at your disposal though.

All in all there is very little differences in both companies. Personally if it comes down to cost vs service Canada Post wins every time above every and any courier in this country imo.

And yes I strongly agree UPS is the worst.
Old February 2, 2013, 03:43 PM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Good lord. Looking at this and comparing it to what I paid nearly the same for. Scary!
Closed Thread