Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Buy/Sell & Trade (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/)
-   -   [WTB] 25 Ft USb 3 A to USB 3 B male connector Cheap (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/57182-25-ft-usb-3-usb-3-b-male-connector-cheap.html)

Alpine October 10, 2012 02:26 PM

25 Ft USb 3 A to USB 3 B male connector Cheap

1 Attachment(s)
Im looking for a 25 Ft USb 3 A to USB B male connector. I didn't find nothing on the ebay.
Future scrap and other sold them to expensive.

If you have one i can be interested.

headsh0t October 10, 2012 03:58 PM

Check out Monoprice or DealExtreme.

Alpine October 10, 2012 05:04 PM

I didn't something on Monoprice. I should re-look maybe my search wasn't good. Thanks for the tips with Dealextreme....

Nodscene October 10, 2012 05:17 PM

I checked out monoprice and the best they have is a 15ft active extension cable.

For only $10.28 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 15ft USB 3.0 A Male to A Female Active Extension Cable | USB 3.0 Extension Cables - A Male to A Female

lowfat October 10, 2012 05:35 PM

I am not sure they exist. 5 meters seems to be about the limit of USB. You could try doing 15 feet, then a powered hub, then another 10 foot cable. But even then I think you'll likely have issues.

Arinoth October 10, 2012 05:49 PM

What you need is called a USB Repeater Extension cable, here is the one I bought from monoprice that worked without any issues: For only $4.27 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 16ft 5M USB 2.0 A Male to A Female Active Extension / Repeater Cable (Kinect & PS3 Move Compatible Extension) | USB 2.0 Extenders

I doubt you'll find it cheaper used from anyone (due to the oddity of it)

enaberif October 10, 2012 06:07 PM

15 feet is maximum for USB unless as Arin said you get a repeater.

Nodscene October 10, 2012 07:09 PM

That's a usb 2.0 cable so not what he is looking for (just so there are no misunderstandings). The one I posted is the usb 3.0 version

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arinoth (Post 661202)
What you need is called a USB Repeater Extension cable, here is the one I bought from monoprice that worked without any issues: For only $4.27 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 16ft 5M USB 2.0 A Male to A Female Active Extension / Repeater Cable (Kinect & PS3 Move Compatible Extension) | USB 2.0 Extenders

I doubt you'll find it cheaper used from anyone (due to the oddity of it)

Alpine October 10, 2012 07:10 PM

Ok thank you all for all thoses usefull informations. I thought usb cable limit was 50 feets.

Here why i need this cable.

I do have a Pivos Aios media box at 20 feets of distance from my PC. The media box have a bug on network transfer when a realtek nic card is involved. So any transfer i've do on the box via network have a average of speed of 4 to 8 meg / sec. So, transfering a Blu-ray or a dvd movies take so f** long.
So, i was whising that with a USB 3 connection will speed up transfer speed.

Thank you again guys .. you all rocks !! :punk:

Arinoth October 10, 2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodscene (Post 661232)
That's a usb 2.0 cable so not what he is looking for (just so there are no misunderstandings). The one I posted is the usb 3.0 version

Ah missed that part, then yes what NOD linked would be the appropriate cable.