Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Buy/Sell & Trade (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/)
-   -   Wanted: Dead motherboards and/or free computer parts (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/5355-wanted-dead-motherboards-free-computer-parts.html)

azndude604 March 30, 2008 11:57 PM

Wanted: Dead motherboards and/or free computer parts

For your curiosity, I would like to try and repair motherboards. If you don't want your motherboard(dead or working), pm me. In essence, if I'm unable to fix your motherboard, no charge. If it's repairable, I will buy the parts and replace (unsoldering/soldering) them; therefore, I will charge the total cost of the parts and a labor cost of $5. I hate to see them in the landfills. Please pm me, thanks.

About the "free computer parts" in my subject line, if you have computer parts, such as ATX towers, PSUs, video cards, network cards, hard drives, CD and/or DVD drives, etc, pm me.

I'm willing to come pick up if and only if the pickup location is in Vancouver or Burnaby. Otherwise, we can work something out for our convenience.

Cheers.

crazyazn March 31, 2008 01:51 AM

Just wondering, because of your title, are you paying for the parts?

Anyways, I have a dead (I think) 9600XT lying around somewhere...where are you located?

Edit: Ok nvm...i assume ur from vancouver cz of ur name...

azndude604 April 3, 2008 06:45 PM

Yes, I'm located in Vancouver.

As partially written on this thread's subject, I'm looking for free dead motherboards or I can attempt to fix them for a small charge (if it's not repairable, no charge). If I fix them, I will buy the parts for repairs. I'm not sure if I could fix your 9600XT videocard though. Otherwise, if you don't want it, feel free to leave me a message.

Moneyless April 3, 2008 06:59 PM

I have a MSI P35 Neo-F with about half a dozen bent pins in the socket.

azndude604 April 3, 2008 07:21 PM

Oh no, bent pins on a Socket 775 motherboard. I won't be able to fix it. Sorry.

Prof. Dr. Silver April 3, 2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azndude604 (Post 49902)
Yes, I'm located in Vancouver.

As partially written on this thread's subject, I'm looking for free dead motherboards or I can attempt to fix them for a small charge (if it's not repairable, no charge). If I fix them, I will buy the parts for repairs. I'm not sure if I could fix your 9600XT videocard though.

Maybe you should be a bit more specific as to what items exactly you are looking for? And what are you looking to fix? And are you offering this as a (free?) service to the ppl on the forums? Or you just want to expand your soldering/fixing experience?

Let us know! :canadianwave:

Cptn Vortex April 3, 2008 10:54 PM

Hey, we're giving away a little AMD 1GHZ machine at Frontierpc (1755 West Broadway). It was in use, but it's a little outdated now. I think it has a 10gb harddrive, ATI RAGE card and about 256mb of SD RAM hehehe

I took the pick of the litter, a 1.6GHZ P4, 512 ram, ATI 7000 and 80gb harddrive!

Prof. Dr. Silver April 3, 2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex (Post 49934)
Hey, we're giving away a little AMD 1GHZ machine at Frontierpc (1755 West Broadway). It was in use, but it's a little outdated now. I think it has a 10gb harddrive, ATI RAGE card and about 256mb of SD RAM hehehe

I took the pick of the litter, a 1.6GHZ P4, 512 ram, ATI 7000 and 80gb harddrive!

Take em both home dude....You'll make great HWBot scores! :punk:

norfolk April 6, 2008 05:22 AM

I have some parts you can have here.Celeron 700 W fan ,Video card parts,Heat sinks and fan off a 7800 gtx ,If you pay shipping I can send them to you . PM me if your interested.

azndude604 April 10, 2008 01:21 PM

bump