Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdguy View Post
I had the precursor to the S100, the S90. It was an awesome camera for it's size.
There is "big" change between the S95(successor to the S90 as you can guess) and the S100, Canon started using its own sensor rather than one made by Sony (I think), but besides that you are right, they are very similar.
Old April 1, 2012, 08:18 AM
Trial Member

Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Cameras are my thing, not so much computers, and I would recommend you check out the FMforums buy&sell where many Canadians also sell and trade their camera gear there. You will find that made since 2008 is pretty amzing and if you are looking for small size with great image quality then look at micro 4/3 system with Olympus and Panasonic since they have great image quality and you can put just about any lens on them made in the past 50 years plus use all the new tech if you want. Newer Canons are also good since they are so common and also take lenses from other manufactures (Nikon, Contax, Olympus...) with an adapter so if your family has old lenses around you can use them with a twenty dollar adapter. The main difference for you is if you want interchangeable lenses, and if you do then go with either of the two I just mentioned. If you don't want interchangeable lenses look to Sony or Panasonic because they pile some amazing tech in to their enthusiast cameras these days. I have gone from using $6k bodies back down to $500 bodies because they really don't make much of a difference anymore once you know what you are doing, then I put the money in to good lenses which makes all the difference on creating unique images. Good luck, send me a PM if you want, or try a "WTB/WTT" at FM forums if you are trading for computer gear.