LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21, 2012, 08:53 PM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Default Small -100c 350w+ Cascade cooler (fridge)

SOLD

Well I feel kinda bad since I don't post that much here anymore, but I guess I have another small cascade to sell. Been testing it for the last couple of weeks off and on now, so it's good to go.

Wish there was a real 'Extreme cooling' section here, I'd probably post a lot more. Refrigerated cooling stuff is more or less all I much do anymore I guess. Suppose I need a new hobby.

So it's tuned for 350w but will hold 400w for a while if needed. Full details are in the build thread along with detailed load results.

Evap display is now calibrated but the HX display reads about 5c warmer than it should. Not really that big an issue but there's no real way to calibrate the small blue one.

That first pic is from before I calibrated the probe on the evaporator display, and it was a colder day in the garage. Now even if it's really cold it won't read under -125c. The cascade will work down to 10c if you're benching outside in an unheated space or something. Guess it'll work to as warm as you can stand but I only test up to a 30c room temp and it works fine in that environment too.

Temps are better when the compressors in the unit are cold, but normal operation gives around -110c unloaded, and -90c load. This small cascade runs almost the same as the larger ones I've made.

When it's first running it'll run colder for the first 20 minutes or so, around -120c/-100c give or take. Lower ambient temp will pull that lower to a point. Didn't mention in the build thread, but I added a rubber ring to the c-clip on the evap mount setup. Helps a lot to reduce icing on the mount in use. Can get a pic of that too if you'd like once it warms up again

Specs are in the build thread as well and if you have any questions about it you're welcome to PM me about it too. The paint and panels aren't perfect but they're pretty good, all around it's quite nice.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...Cascade-(or-2)

It's a new build, so has the usual 1 year warranty. Comes with most everything you need, like foam tape, extra foam ring, extra sheets insulation, universal mounting, etc. I don't supply the art eraser though if you really needed I can go and get some to send with it.

I'm asking $1000 OBO plus shipping costs. Was more expensive to make than some of the other small ones but it's got a real oilsep, larger 20 plate HX, larger stage 1 compressor, things like that, but it's about the best of the small ones I've built so far.

I'm pretty bad with pics (as everyone knows) but I can borrow a camera to get nicer pics if you really need me to.

PM if you'd like to talk price or have a question. I do whatever payment, paypal, bank stuff, etc. Not a big fan of WU since it seems like it's the choice of scammers everywhere

It weighs around 80lbs and will likely be closer to 95lbs including packing. I can get a quote for shipping if you PM or you can look into it if you know someone cheap for insured shipping. Can provide detials of where I am in PM, but I'm in Canada close to the Washington US border near Vancouver, so can ship from the US side if it helps to reduce the cost if there's someone from the US here.

Size is around 18"x15"x15" so pretty small. Power use is around 4-7amps on a standard 110v plug, so it's about as economical as a cascade cooler can get. I suppose it's about 6 standard lights going, maybe 7 at most. Less than half of a microwave oven?

Sorry about the XS tag on my paper and I hope it's ok to link to my build thread there too. If not I can remove that.

Thanks for looking

Gray

Last edited by SugarJ; March 2, 2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old February 21, 2012, 10:21 PM
MVP

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Bump for great builder. Owner of a Gray Mole Cascade and going strong with just about every other day use for 2 months. Won't beat this price anywhere. GLWS
Old February 21, 2012, 11:01 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

dam if i had more mons i would defs buy that, that unit looks so F*&ing dope, and it would fit inside my mountain mods case, dammmittt
Old February 22, 2012, 01:29 AM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Thanks for the Ups Ras :) Whether it sells or not (though I guess I should hope it does but it's more about the space and having it with someone that'll use it than the money I suppose) it's really cool to get nice reviews on them. Though lately for some reason I've been itching to bench again. Dangerous itch, it's more expensive to play the benching game than to make coolers :D

I've got this on a couple forums but I'll drop the price a bit here first since I'm Canadian and all that. Besides, shipping within Canada is a lot less hassle.

So Down to $950 plus shipping for you guys.

If you actually live in the area, I can probably deliver it to you and help set things up a bit or at least run though operation and all that, and I'd do $900 for a local sale (well, local enough to drive less than an hour to bring it over) since I'd spend $50 on packing stuff and the time to make sure it's packed well.

Oh, and I do trades and stuff too if you've got something cool.

I still need another iPad2 for the facetime thing with my son in England (he's 10 and I got him one for Xmas, but all I have is an iPod so an upsize would rock) if you happen to have one and decided it sucks. Loads of people think the iPads suck, one of them must want a Cascade right?

So yeah, a bump and a price drop of course (bumping without a price drop is just crazy)

Gray
Old February 22, 2012, 02:06 PM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Sorry if I'm bumping too soon but was digging around for some shipping costs.

Found Greyhound shipping and I have no idea if they're any good but they're not bad in price for heavier stuff like this. If I'm reading it right (they're guide on pricing is odd) then 75 to 100 lbs would cost 50 to $100 depending how far within canada (other than Quebec which is like 50 bucks more for some reason :p)

Oh and I'll do a final little drop to $900 plus shipping.

So depending where you are, could end up being $950 to $1000 including shipping, maybe a touch higher if you're way east or in Province of Quebec or something.

That's if you don't mind the idea of using Greyhound. They have stations everywhere so it's usually handy (they deliver to the door for more cash though, but cheap means pickup I think) and most other couriers are a lot more. Never thought of them before.

Gray
Old February 22, 2012, 03:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

oh crap i wish i had my singing bonus right now i do cause i know where 1g of it would go good deal
Old February 26, 2012, 11:55 PM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Wow Gingerbee, you get bonus' for singing? :D Are you available for parties :D

So I figured I'd give 'er a bump. Willing to negotiate on price a little but there's not a lot of room left before it's less than the parts cost to build it.

But I noticed a really nice XPS 17 for sale on here and would totally love to upgrade my aging laptop. Always did have a soft spot for the XPS.

Besides, my son's laptop kinda sucks, so he could inherit mine (which still works nice/fast, just not up to the latest 3d standard. It plays far cry ok, if you take the settings down to 'block art' levels :D)

Gray

PS. Would trade the cascade for that XPS if the seller wanted to...You know who you are :D
Old February 27, 2012, 04:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

ya i do when it comes to running tattoo shops i have built several from nothing that make a lot of money so with a new owner i get a contract singing bonus of 5g which i would gladly spend 1g of it with you if i get it in time lol of adn a free bump for a wicked looking little phase unit here
Old February 27, 2012, 06:49 AM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

..:S Signing bonus? I know ibanking places do that :) I wouldn't mind chipping a percent of it off towards a cascade :D

On a serious note, don't ship greyhound unless you're shipping logs. Anything that's not military-spec tough will get bashed apart, i guarantee.
Old March 2, 2012, 03:23 AM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Well she sold on another forum, but thanks for the space :)

Sorta wish it could have been another Canadian but as long it's put to good use it's all good.

Could put 'pending' since it's not paid for yet, but looks like a done deal so may as well delete/move/whatever happens to these threads :D

Thanks again!