Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Well I did request for express shipping and said I would pay extra if wanted in a pm. I also thought insurance would be in there because it would only be like 2 bucks extra.
Insurance is included on ALL shipping methods except lettermail. So contact CP and let them know that the item was clearly stolen. Once they do their investigation, they should give you the money for insurance. The first $100 is free for regular and express. Anything beyond $100 is extra and it's $1.50 per $100 of insurance I think. When you insure a package, it's basically like CP is telling their employees too not open the package or they will be shit canned. Since they never lose a package, I've shipped over 200 packages and none were lost. A couple arrived a day late and I simply called up and asked for a refund. But very rarely does a package arrive late, because they don't want to refund any money. But a package being lost is near impossible. You have a better chance of being struck by lightning. They offer insurance so they can make additional money. Some times it proves to be useful when shipping very expensive items. I always insure it when the item exceeds $200 as I do not and will not trust any CP employee. For that reason, I insure the package to ensure the safety of it. An employee will have less reason to open it if the it's insured. It still can happen if the item is worth $2000... but just insure for $2000 and properly pack it. If you're looking for a package at a sortation plant worth more than $200, it's literally like looking for a needle in a hay stack if they are all covered up. But when it's not, it's obvious and has a red marker for theft.

But anywho, if you didn't specifically ask for insurance, than we're back to square one. Asking for express shipping just speeds up the shipping of the item. Theres no additional insurance with it. But since it was shipped regular, there is a default insurance of $100.

Try to get a $100 refund from CP, once you do that, work out a partial refund for the remaining amount. So if you get $100 back, then it's only a loss of $150. In that case, she can refund you $75 and you each walk away happy. That way you both lose $75, rather than $125 or more.

Last edited by Flintblade; April 2, 2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old April 2, 2008, 10:14 PM
Rookie

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

flint check ur pms at redflag ty
Old April 2, 2008, 10:15 PM
Allstar

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

I don't like this situation AT ALL. If I were the buyer, I'd treat this as a scam.

From what I've seen, the seller has:

-No online reputation (IE: No ebay, heatware or itrader transactions)
-No voucher to make up for the lack of feedback
-No pictures of the package before it was shipped
Old April 3, 2008, 04:17 PM
MVP
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Yep and thats exactly why I asked the questions that I asked in the first page which now makes me feel good that I never bought one.

Its not that hard to take both video cards out of her computer so she could take a couple pictures of them beside their boxes since you don't need your computer on to take pictures. How lazy can one really be?

Plus its bad enough that the seller did not ship the package out herself since she is the seller and not her friend.
Old April 3, 2008, 04:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Quote:
This person is a fraud. She if she is even a she only shipped the box and cables nothing else. The box was not even covered with paper or anything. Contacting my credit card company now.
Is this for real? I believe you BTW belgolas. Why would you ship the box uninsured without being wrapped??? Im assuming there was no return address too. EVERY trader should insure their package to the full value-no excuses!!

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.

Last edited by magictorch; April 3, 2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old April 3, 2008, 04:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Magictorch, page 5. http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8520/hffgcr1.jpg

*edit
..uhh.. seems imageshack is having some issues atm. Give it some time.
It is not just that image or server, I have some images uploaded earlier today that are not accessible.

Last edited by MacJunky; April 3, 2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old April 3, 2008, 05:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Yeah I edited my post. I guess we will wait and see what happens but this is a fair chunk of money. I read flintblades argument for the seller but its been proven you sent something unpackaged and uninsured that doesn't reflect well on the seller-totally incompetent whether a friend did or not. FULL REFUND needed-she can at least claim $100 back in the insurance. I see shes stalling on the refund too after earlier posts.............sorry to flame on this post but perhaps the mods should add extra rules about packing and insurance- when someone sells or buys something they should agree they have read the rules.

Last edited by magictorch; April 3, 2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old April 3, 2008, 05:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

There is a return address. I was on the phone with the credit card company and they said to talk to her first and then if we don't get something figured out then they will give me my money back. You would at least think that Canada Post would wrap it for you. I always insure something whenever I buy something online. But since I am not the one paying for shipping there is no way for me to know if there is insurance or not.

I do believe she shipped it with the gpu in it. But she should have at least wrapped it. At the very least. Best would have to put it in its own box.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old April 3, 2008, 05:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Quote:
There is a return address. I was on the phone with the credit card company and they said to talk to her first and then if we don't get something figured out then they will give me my money back. You would at least think that Canada Post would wrap it for you. I always insure something whenever I buy something online. But since I am not the one paying for shipping there is no way for me to know if there is insurance or not.
Well it looks like youll get your money then -so she just gave her friend the box in the pictures and a note with your and her address and he just slapped the address on the box....Strange situation though, very strange-I see in the photos there was no name by the card just the box..you could put something in the box of similar weight get CP to put some stamps on and then take it back and say you'll post it later-then take out the weight and post it.

Old April 3, 2008, 05:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
Well it looks like youll get your money then -so she just gave her friend the box in the pictures and a note with your and her address and he just slapped the address on the box....Strange situation though, very strange-I see in the photos there was no name by the card just the box..you could put something in the box of similar weight get CP to put some stamps on and then take it back and say you'll post it later-then take out the weight and post it.
Well, with Xpresspost you can't do that. You have to give the item when you send it. It's not with stamps.

Still, this is a weird situation.

Who bought the other card, I wonder?