Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Of course a $450 video card is going to get ripped off if you mail it without wrapping
Old April 2, 2008, 08:00 PM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Well I can't choice if it is canada post or not. I can't chose the shipping. If I could I would have paid extra for express from purolator or something.
It would have been the same thing no matter what company you choose. Whether it be, Purolator, UPS, DHL, they all would have charged the same. It's not the company, and it's the employees that work for the company. In the current society, that's $400 in the employees pocket. Theres no way he would ever get caught and so he just earned himself a weeks paycheck. Anyone would be just as tempted and he saw an opportunity too make a little extra on the side and took it. Was this right? Obviously not, but many others would have done the same if in his shoes. I would probably take it if it was from a truck heading to Wal-mart. But not if I was working at a shipping company because I wouldn't want someone to be without their item. That feeling of having something stolen is horrible.

The only thing I find a little odd is that her friend didn't both to put it in any additional packaging. Like another box, or at least throw some paper around it. I ALWAYS cover up the item I ship as much as possible. It will either be wrapped in paper and tossed in a bubble package or just the bubble package. But I make sure the packaging is sturdy enough to protect and hide the item.

But it's up too her if she wants to give any sort of refund - mind you she is not obligated to do so. In the event that you revert the payment you sent, you would be in the wrong. You have to think about the fact that she would be losing money. So the best was is too meet in the middle and haver her refund half, if anything at all.

I'm sure you two will work something out and agree on it.
Old April 2, 2008, 08:01 PM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
Of course a $450 video card is going to get ripped off if you mail it without wrapping
Precisely, CP employees play crysis too :P lol
Old April 2, 2008, 08:04 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

The only thing I find a little odd is the fact that the card was shipped un-insured.
Old April 2, 2008, 08:07 PM
Allstar

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

That's why I asked her to ship first, but she was hesitant due to a previous transaction and never came back to me.
Old April 2, 2008, 08:10 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

And this is why we usually lock threads that don't have names posted next to the item.
Old April 2, 2008, 08:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

I dont even ship a fan without insurance, plain and simple, but thats me.
But not wrapping is, well criminal in my mind even said fan would get packed in airbladders or foam chip or newspaper before it got boxed then wrapped in brown paper.
Just my 2 cents.

AllSpark : I am going to leave this thread open if you dont mind since there is a damn good lesson to be learned here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old April 2, 2008, 08:17 PM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
The only thing I find a little odd is the fact that the card was shipped un-insured.
Nah, that's not odd at all. The buyer didn't pay for shipping or ask for it too be insured. She was already selling it for $250 ( $235 + $15 shipping), why would she want too lose another $5. If the buyer had asked and they agreed on it, or he paid for the insurance than it would be odd. But I've shipped and had items worth $500 shipped that weren't insured.

The only thing that's odd is the lack of packaging. Even if you're too cheap to chuck it in a package like an envelope or a box. At least cover up the box with some paper. You don't want anyone too know what the item is as the employee will become more tempted too take it as the value of it increases. Remember, the employee could have taken it when he was out for deliveries and just dropped it off at his house. If it's not insured and the item is worth a lot of money, you are putting way too much trust in a strangers hands.It's like putting money in an envelope; leaving your car keys in the ignition while shopping in a store. Or leaving your bike unlocked outside a supermarket... well you get the idea. That's the only odd thing about this whole trade. Remember the saying, "You can't trust anyone". Well that's actually not entirely true, you just can't trust anybody you don't know. In this case, you don't know the delivery guy and he/she doesn't know you. The package being shipping with just the open box was plain stupid. If anyone else was in the position of this guy, they most likely would have saw it as a quick means of $400. Everyone is pretty much the same, it all comes down to money. Some people do have morales/principles.. but not everyone and even those that do will bend their "morales" for a quick buck.

As for a resolution, well this is tricky, I would have to put myself in both positions.

Sender: As the sender I would not want to do any sort of refund. But would agree on a partial amount as it was clearly a mistake to not insure it. Also, I would be too blame as I didn't package it properly. Basically, this is key to an item arriving safely. Properly packaging an item to insure it's safety from damage or thievery. I would recognize this and would feel like a partial refund would be fair. That way both parties take an equal hit. I would request more proof that the item was actually stolen... which is near impossible so it's a trust thing.

Receiver: I would be flaming pissed and demand a full refund. I would have asked for insurance, but in this case that didn't happen. So I would understand that since I did not request for insurance I would be partially at fault. But the improper or lack of packaging was the initial cause for the item too have been stolen. I would for sure want a full refund. But would settle for at least half. Considering both me and the sender are too blame, this would be the best bet. I would be too blame for not wanting insurance and the sender for the horrible lack of packaging. That would really burst my bubble if I lost money over something like that. A simple 2mins of time and some paper could have prevented the issue.

But this is something the two parties involved will need to resolve. The sender is not obligated to do any refund, but should considerate it.

Last edited by Flintblade; April 2, 2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old April 2, 2008, 08:32 PM
Rookie

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

listen to flintblade it sounds like he's gone through some frontline leadership/conflict resolution courses
Old April 2, 2008, 08:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Well I did request for express shipping and said I would pay extra if wanted in a pm. I also thought insurance would be in there because it would only be like 2 bucks extra.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Closed Thread