Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Buy/Sell & Trade (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/)
-   -   WTS: OCZ ProXStream 1Kw (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/4907-wts-ocz-proxstream-1kw.html)

cegras March 5, 2008 02:35 PM

WTS: OCZ ProXStream 1Kw - 150

Taken to RMA : )

Wankerfx March 5, 2008 03:41 PM

You should try and retake the shot so your name is visible, otherwise, it's a good sale!

Eldonko March 5, 2008 03:47 PM

Yeah other than the fact it doesnt boot your MB. How do you know it is not defective?

Wankerfx March 5, 2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldonko (Post 44277)
Yeah other than the fact it doesnt boot your MB. How do you know it is not defective?

He might be selling it for the discounted price because you have to RMA it or something.

cegras March 5, 2008 04:01 PM

No no, it's DEFINITELY not defective.

I've jumpered it with HDD's as load - works.

There are three documented examples of PxS not working with DFI NF4 chipset mobos. Your guess is as good as mine, really.

Do I have to? Camera phones are so picky about light ;_;

sswilson March 5, 2008 05:07 PM

Just a quick check you can do before you give up on this PSU......

I had the same issue with my OCZ 600W GameXstream paired with an Ultra-D.

Thought the PSU was toast, but for some strange reason it took a c-mos reset to get it working with the mobo.

First and only time I've ever heard of a c-mos reset for a new PSU install, but it worked, and I never had a problem with that combination again......

cegras March 5, 2008 05:42 PM

Hm. I tried doing a CMOS reset but it wouldn't power up, but that might be because it didn't like it from the start.

I had to use a surrogate PSU to get it to work, and in the process did the full CMOS clear - now running optimized defaults.

I might give it a shot, plug it in and see how it works out.

It was working fine with a GameXStream 700W, but that thing had a broken fan so I got this from the RMA.

In any case, thanks for your help - still looking to sell,though.

EDIT: Nope, no dice. I need to sell this to actually get a power supply - I'll drop the price to 190 if someone can meet me this week, or next week. GTA, UT St.George campus.

sswilson March 5, 2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cegras (Post 44302)
Hm. I tried doing a CMOS reset but it wouldn't power up, but that might be because it didn't like it from the start.

I had to use a surrogate PSU to get it to work, and in the process did the full CMOS clear - now running optimized defaults.

I might give it a shot, plug it in and see how it works out.

It was working fine with a GameXStream 700W, but that thing had a broken fan so I got this from the RMA.

In any case, thanks for your help - still looking to sell,though.

EDIT: Nope, no dice. I need to sell this to actually get a power supply - I'll drop the price to 190 if someone can meet me this week, or next week. GTA, UT St.George campus.

Well at least you tried.... Mine was working fine with a ModStream 520W, and when the GameXstream didn't work... a 480W push-pull PSU out of a cheap case did the trick so I was sure it was the PSU.

Good luck with the sale.

Cheator March 5, 2008 07:13 PM

I can confirm the DFI NF4 is picky with PSUs. IT didn't like my Enermax 600w... i loved that thing but it wouldn't work.

cegras March 5, 2008 07:33 PM

Yep. DFI's are very picky about PSU's, apparently. I think it has something to do with the floppy and molex connector, and the extended voltage options for the memory.