Old April 28, 2010, 07:55 PM
Associate Review Editor

Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Default Silverstone LC17 HTPC Case & Thermalright Ultima-90 Combo [SOLD]

Had to postpone my third "hot" motherboard deal, but I do want to sell this in the mean time.

Basically, it is a Silverstone LC17 HTPC case with a Thermalright Ultima-90 heatsink and twin Arctic Cooling 92MM PWM fans. I'm also throwing in a N.I.B Gelid Fan Speed Controller.

Click on image to enlarge

This particular case has a solid aluminium front panel, it's understated but quite appearling to my eyes. As you can see you can have two stealthed optical drives, which is great. I never used the material that is used to stick the stealth panels to the optical drives and it is included.

Under the near two optical drives there is a little panel that reveals four USB 2.0 ports, headphone & microphone ports, and a FireWire port.

When you take the panel off you can see there's a very respectable amount of room to work. I installed a fan splitter on the two rear 80mm fans so you can run & manage them from a motherboard fan header.

You can install two optical drives and six hard drives in this case. It will accept graphics cards up to 10.4 inches long. If you remove the center HDD cage, you can easily fit a 12+ inch card, which is what I did to install a GeForce GTX 280.

This little corner is where the CPU would be. I pointed the CPU cooler fans towards the two 80mm exhaust fans, and it kept the socket CPU socket area quite cool.

Condition-wise it's quite good. The only mark on the front panel is the tiny scratch on the lower optical drive cover. The other marks are also fairly minimal.

The Ultima-90 was the ultimate 92mm cooler when it was released. Because it had so many heatpipes it performed very much on par with the original Thermalright Ultra-120. In fact, I personally had the Ultima-90 cooling a Core i7-965 Extreme in this case and temps were very reasonable.

Natively, this cooler only comes with LGA775/AM2 brackets, both of which are included, but you can buy AM3, LGA1156, and LGA1366 brackets for this model for like $10.

I'm also including two of the best 92mm fans ever made, the Arctic Cooling AF 9225 PWM. These fans daisy-chain together and I installed them both on the Ultima-90. They are dead quiet under idle and they ramp up very well based on CPU temps. 4 years left on the original 6 year warranty.

The Gelid Fan Speed Controller isn't to be used for the CPU cooler, but I'm just throwing it in since I have spares.

I'm looking for $85 + actual shipping, but I'll entertain offers. SOLD

Payment via EMT or PayPal (Gift!) is fine.

Sorry for the length
Old April 29, 2010, 07:29 AM
Allstar

Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

yoink