Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Buy/Sell & Trade (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/)
-   -   [WTB] Cheap wired router and short ethernet cables (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/29685-cheap-wired-router-short-ethernet-cables.html)

Lpfan4ever March 9, 2010 05:18 PM

Cheap wired router and short ethernet cables
 
So, my folding rig does not play nice with the wireless card I have. It's also kind of hard to upload WU's without internet, so here I am. I need a cheap router, so long as it works and doesn't melt under high loads (AKA torrenting). I only need a wired one, but a wireless would do assuming the price is still low.

To go with it, I am also looking for some short Cat5e cables, preferably under 6 feet. I only need two of them for the aforementioned router.

And in a huge longshot, I have a D-Link DI-624 here that works, but I'm missing the power adapter. If anybody happens to have one then I'm game for that as well. Back of the router says 7.5V, 1A. And being completely electrically dumb, there's also a diagram for the connector I'll try to describe, negative on the outside and positive on the inside.

Soultribunal March 9, 2010 05:46 PM

I'll hit you up on the PM later. I should have 10 or so PAtch Cables Cat 5e.

ST

norfolk March 9, 2010 05:48 PM

Hey lpfan:
This guy here has everything you need as far as replacement power adapters is concerned.
SAYAL Electronics - Your Source For New And Surplus Electronic Components - We Buy Your Surplus!
I had numerous power adapters die on me and he always has what I need.
Oh and cheap too:thumb:

_dangtx_ March 9, 2010 05:49 PM

i have an old linksys wired router somewhere...dont make me take a picture for 10$ lol
!

Lpfan4ever March 9, 2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 344721)
I'll hit you up on the PM later. I should have 10 or so PAtch Cables Cat 5e.

ST

I'll be waiting. :ph34r:

Quote:

Originally Posted by norfolk (Post 344722)
Hey lpfan:
This guy here has everything you need as far as replacement power adapters is concerned.
SAYAL Electronics - Your Source For New And Surplus Electronic Components - We Buy Your Surplus!
I had numerous power adapters die on me and he always has what I need.
Oh and cheap too:thumb:

That site is making my mind melt. Too many numbers, categories, and lack of bright and colourful pictures for my slow self :haha: Although, I have no way to get to any of their stores.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dangtx_ (Post 344724)
i have an old linksys wired router somewhere...dont make me take a picture for 10$ lol
!

If you can find it, give me a model number and we can talk.:thumb:

_dangtx_ March 9, 2010 07:21 PM

bfr11 or something. dont think of nothing but a simple router.

Arinoth March 9, 2010 07:24 PM

i have a dlink ebr-2310 i got kickin around if you're interested, just pay shipping and a few bucks, lol

MarkOne March 9, 2010 07:32 PM

you need a router or you need a switch to plug to your actual router too add more ports ? like you plug 2 or 3 pc to the switch and 1 cable betwen the switch and the actual router ( because I have tons of switch here ) and any 7.5 volts with 1A or more will do , even if you find by ex. a 2A 7.5 it's ok as long at it have the 1A minimum

_dangtx_ March 9, 2010 07:41 PM

wait..wont it burn the unit if you plug in the 2a vs 1a adapter? or was it the other way around...hmm...

MarkOne March 9, 2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dangtx_ (Post 344772)
wait..wont it burn the unit if you plug in the 2a vs 1a adapter? or was it the other way around...hmm...


no the PSU deliver only the Amps he need, 2A is the rating not the amps that go out. same as the computer PSU . a 1000 watts in a 386 is overkill but will not burn anything ( actually I thing psu have a minimum to operate was just a little bit pusshing with my exemple :haha:)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:24 AM.