Old January 18, 2010, 09:00 AM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Default Looking for Quality Sound Card, Home Stereo Equipment, Speakers and Headphones

Currently building a media center pc that will be primarily used for listening to music (mp3s, etc). I am looking for the following:
  • Quality Sound Card
  • Decent computer Speakers
  • Headphones
  • Stereo equipment that I may be able to incorporate with this build (receiver, etc).

I am new to this area of PC building so I don't necessarily need super high end stuff. Entry to mid level stuff would be fine as I am not a bonafide audiophile (yet!). Just looking for some equipment that I can learn on and upgrade to at a reasonable price.

Thanks for your time!
Old January 18, 2010, 10:43 AM
Rookie

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Default Sound card

I have some sound cards if u r interested

I got an Audigy 2 ZS

lmk if u r interested
Old January 18, 2010, 11:46 AM
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

If you are planning on using a receiver, there is no point in getting a sound card that isn't on board (unless it doesn't have optical out) since most if not all of the audio processing is by-passed from the sound card to the receiver itself. I've had mine hooked up to an Audigy 2 ZS, two different on board sound cards, and some newer sound card whose name eludes me but all were through optical out to the receiver and i found there was NO difference in sound quality between all of them