Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Buy/Sell & Trade (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/)
-   -   [FS] Artifacting HIS HD 4870 w/ Accelero Twin Turbo (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/24487-artifacting-his-hd-4870-w-accelero-twin-turbo.html)

klaiboi October 17, 2009 10:41 PM

Artifacting HIS HD 4870 w/ Accelero Twin Turbo

1 Attachment(s)
Hey so just a back story I originally bought it on July 9th, 08 then sent it back for RMA due to a coil whine on December 12th,08

Nothing was wrong with it but I found the stock cooler loud and decided to put on the Accelero Twin Turbo and voila artifacts I've tried redoing it a couple of times but can't seem to figure it out. I would assume someone more experienced would be able to set the heat sink properly. Please keep in mind I am selling it AS IS, no warranty

I do have the original box and all accessories that came with it along with the original heat sink if wanted.

SOLD!!

My [Heatware]
I'm also on eBay as jeffdavid1514

My references are near non-existent but I've been on this forum and NCIX (kleezy) for a while so hopefully that will help

Feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions

EDIT: Just wanted to mention the only thing i'm missing is the molex adapter for the accelero

EDIT2: I forgot to mention its the 512mb version

EDIT3: I can't find the DVI to HDMI adapter but will keep looking

zsamz_ October 17, 2009 10:52 PM

did you try to bake it?
had exact same problem card was 1 month old put on an accelero lol tore sticker
i baked mine n it died but yours might come back never know
gl

TerenceJ October 17, 2009 11:03 PM

perhaps did you try just reinstalling the stock heatsink? Artifacting is usually just overheating unless there was some sort of physical damage

good luck

klaiboi October 17, 2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerenceJ (Post 273173)
perhaps did you try just reinstalling the stock heatsink? Artifacting is usually just overheating unless there was some sort of physical damage

good luck

No I have not tried reinstalling the stock heatsink since i don't have any thermal tape and really don't feel like investing any money in this. The easier solution is to sell and move on to the green team :rofl:

gingerbee October 18, 2009 06:08 AM

thread crap sorry good luck with the sale :canadianwave:

klaiboi October 18, 2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerbee (Post 273245)
no tape use TIM ( thermal interface medium ) possible ram sinks over heating ddr5 check memory temps

I'm not interested in trying to fix it again at this point but maybe if it doesn't sell in a week or so

klaiboi October 21, 2009 01:22 PM

up to the top. Deal fell through

dadzilla October 21, 2009 02:06 PM

So tell me why this is a bad idea: use the same stuff that we all use to join the CPU cooler to the cpu? You know, the $5.00 a tube silver stuff, what is it called again? Anyway, cheap, easy to use. Is your price shipped?

klaiboi October 22, 2009 01:12 PM

up to the top

klaiboi October 23, 2009 06:28 PM

back up to the top