Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Default ASUS Rampage 2 GENE mATX LGA 1366

For sale: Asus Rampage 2 Gene mATX LGA 1366 motherboard

Complete with box and accessories, unfortunately no receipt.
I'm having an issue with DIMM slot A1 not picking up any sticks.

Filed for ASUS RMA, but they always take forever getting back to me so it's up for sale.

Took my i7 up to 4.4 GHz but I didn't realize it was only with 4GB not 6GB until today. I then went and bought a replacement R2G.

--removed from sale--

EDIT: The LGA has no bent pins. Could possibly be a damaged DIMM slot. New board solved all issues.. now just to tweak my volts back to stability :(

EDIT2: I just received an RMA number from ASUS. Wow, they were relatively fast with their response this time around. Removed from sale for the time being.
Thanks for your replies and interest.

Last edited by zoob; October 15, 2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old October 14, 2009, 09:57 PM
Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Is the new one picking up the RAM just fine? Did you check the CPU socket for bent pins?

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old October 14, 2009, 11:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

ugg, that is awfuly tempting to make me dip my foot in the lga 1366 sockets...
Old October 15, 2009, 05:34 AM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

I'm sure you could RMA this without any issue at all and its a very solid price.

Good luck with the sale. :)
Old October 15, 2009, 10:14 AM
Allstar

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Not to be negitive in this thread... but this is a damaged board ive had 3 of these boards and ones on return right now for newegg USA and I had the same problem with the slots as we'll I believe its a manufacturing issue with the ram slots.

This board should be RMA'd before a sale on here insues because you cant use the board in anything over 4gb's config's because you need to have a memory in A1 to move to the B white slots or it wont work in any other combination im sure you've tryed this and its in the manual.
2x L5639 Xeons @ 3.6ghz Noctua NH-D14 cooled stable 24/7 | EVGA Classified SR-2 | 3x2GB 12GB Mushkin Triple Channel Memory | 2x GTX 570 SLI | 120GB OCZ Vertex 3/3TB Seagate | Enermax Platimax 850w | NZXT Switch 810 White | Windows 7 Ultimate | Samsung 40" LCD HDTV
A+ NET+ Linux+ LPIC-1 MCP MCTS MCSA MCITP
World of Tanks WGLNA
CSGO ESEA
Heatware: MarcusFoX
Old October 15, 2009, 10:45 AM
Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Personally I don't mind seeing a partially functioning product in the BST as long as there's full disclosure. In this case I don't see anything that raises alarm bells for me.

I'm considering jumping on this tbh.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old October 15, 2009, 11:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

X58 boards not picking up a stick of ddr3 seems to be a very common thing. After fighting with my GAX58-UD5 over slot 3 doing the same thing, I did alot of research into it. Its not limited to one board, its not limited to one manufacturer, it seems to be all over the place with models.

Sometimes you just get a board that doesnt pick up 2g outta your 6g. It would be nice to know why. Some people bios flash/CMOS reset/tinker with it, and get it to work...Most people RMA the boards, and seem to get replacements no problem. This would appear to mean the motherboard manufacturers are aware of the problem. I (personally) think it must be an Intel chipset issue somehow (since as I said earlier, it isnt limited to any one board/manufaturer) or a socket/pin issue. But why isnt intel saying anything about it? The scary thing is after reading that anandtech p55 article, I really hope its not this socket/pin issue on X58's too.

I should fire an email off to Anand to see what he says...
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 15, 2009, 11:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

I noticed that on my new R2G, my temps are ~10C hotter after multiple mounts than the board listed for sale.
The socket I believe is sourced from a different manufacturer (I distinctly remember the retention bracket having a different stamp on it).

Going to give this board another try tonight to see if I can get 6GB picking up.
It just frustrated me beyond belief (this is the second ASUS board that's messed up on me this week) so I posted it here to get some kind of relief.
Old October 15, 2009, 12:07 PM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

I just RMAed my board as well. Been struggling to pick up 6gb when OC the ram to above 1600.
What speed are you running the ram on R2G with? Mine seems to work fine for 1600 or below, any speed above will only show up 4gb.