Old October 7, 2009, 09:47 PM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Default Solved

EDIT : After talking this trought with the seller, he deceided to reimburse me, until then, he asked me to remove this thread, i'll let you know what happens.

EDIT 2 : but... I'll still tell the story!

DF-BEYOND-DEVIL

The story

Septembre 8th 09, DF-Beyond-Devil, contacted me saying he had a Iphone 8gb 3G in "almost new" condition for sale for 220$. Since the price is slightly lower than what I can have here, I was very interested.

We concluded that he would send me the phone by post canada the next day (shipping included) so, after making many searches and finding out he was a trusted member on RFD for a while, I transfered him the money trought EMT. I asked him for the tracking number so I can have proof that he did ship the item. After saying he would many times, he never did.

I waited two full weeks before starting to ask questions. I did not receive the phone or the tracking number. When I was asking him what was going on, he was not answering or simply dodging the questions. Exemple : "I'll scan the receipt from postcanada and send it to you right after i eat, i'll be back in 15 minutes" but came back only 1 or 2 days later, with no receitp.

At this point, I was 90% sure he scammed me. So I started threatenning him. I said I would bring him to court. His answers were much faster from that point on. He said that he did not write my adress correcly, I sent him my adress again the same day, he then said that post canada sent the item back to him so he had to send it back in a few days. Always, always excuses. No proof.

So, last monday, I sent him a "mise en demeure" i dont know the translation in english but after 10 days, if he did not send me back my money or gave me proof of the shipped phone, he would receive a court notice. Then, I started making threads like this one on the forums he was trading on like RFD. Only to find out I was not the only one.

He did the exact same thing to someone else for a monitor
(SOLVED) DF-Beyond-Devil - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

Hes somehow involved to another scam with decicated counter-strike servers
legal action against electrifyservers.net , please suggest - Web Hosting Talk

And of course my thread on RFD
Please delete - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

This is definitly not the first time he scams or at least tries to scam people and after almost one month, I would never, ever have gotten my money back if it wasnt for you guys.

The social pressure, made him send me my money back. Many many people read this thread, many many wrote something. The information passed really well. And he didnt want it to.

So he started messaging me back yesterday, right after I sent him the link to this thread and after a few attemps, managed to send me back the money by EMT.

So for all this ;

THANK YOU HWC

I would still really unadvise any trade with that person. Hes definitly someone you CAN'T trust.

Heres what I learnt :

If you trade trought EMT, make sure that you have vital information from the buyer as his phone number for exemple. Call him and make sure its really him. With his phone number you can know his adress and name. Check for aka and people's reviews. Scammers wont provide that information unless they are stupid. With that information you can track them and you have much more power. If the trade goes wrong, call your bank. If the bank cannot do anything, call the police. You have his phone number and adress, you will get your money back. Always keep proof of every chat with the seller, keep record of the sale.

Last edited by CactusJoe; October 8, 2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old October 7, 2009, 09:50 PM
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Did this sale happen on this board? If so, contact the mods. They will help you however they can. But regardless, posting someones personal info on here is not a good idea.
Old October 7, 2009, 09:54 PM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Yes id dide,

We met on howard forums but we did the deal here.

How can the mods help ?
Old October 7, 2009, 10:00 PM
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

They can probably supply more information for the police, like IP addresses and the like. I suggest you contact Supergrover, sswilson, or 3.0Charlie. And I'd edit your post, for the time being. You can always repost that info if they agree.
Old October 7, 2009, 10:25 PM
Banned
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

holy crap. bring that bastuge down~!
Old October 7, 2009, 11:07 PM
Top Prospect

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

I guess you saw this link too, then:
(SOLVED) DF-Beyond-Devil - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
Old October 7, 2009, 11:08 PM
Rookie

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CactusJoe View Post
Do not trade with

DF-Beyond-Devil
He stole 220$ from me. He was supposed to ship me a Iphone 3G 8GB but never did.

After making some reasearch I found out the following informations, if you can, in any
way, provide me more information, it would be greatly appreciated since him bringing him
to court. I also made a complaint to the police for fraud. Any help is welcome.

Name : Mohammad Haider
Email : xdarkraiderx@hotmail.com
Phone number : 416-587-7555
City : Toronto
i know what school he goes to and around where he lives o.o
Old October 7, 2009, 11:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

CactusJoe, all you're missing there is an address so I can go throw an egg at his house!

Seriously though take the personal info down, It won't do anyone any good. The only people that need it are the mods and the police.
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water
Old October 7, 2009, 11:36 PM
Banned
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

im told : "137 complaints from 40 sources" on this guy
Old October 8, 2009, 05:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

this is why i only deal with people who are contributing member and have a good itrader rep