|Gav ||October 17, 2006 03:54 PM |
Buy/Sell & Trade Rules
The Buy/Sell & Trade area is intended for individuals who want to Buy/Sell & trade between one another. Hardwarecanucks.com cannot guarantee the legitimacy of the buyer, seller, trader or the items being exchanged. Hardwarecanucks.com does not take responsibility for any sort of transaction that takes place between individuals.
Please note that all new BST threads enter into moderation. Threads are usually approved/declined within 24hrs. There is a 25 post minimum before you can post a new thread in the B/S/T area.
Rules: Post Requirements:
Violation of any of these rules risk post closing, deletion, infractions and potential forum bans.
The DO NOT Sell List:
- You must post a price for ALL "For Sale" (FS) topics. Only "For Trade" (FT) Topics are excluded from this rule
- You must provide a picture with a handwritten piece of paper next to the item with your member name or the post will be pulled. Only one active FS and one active WTB thread allowed.
- You cannot sell something you do not have in your immediate possession. This means no selling on behalf of friends, relatives or roommates unless the have given the item to you, and you agree to take full responsibility for its condition and any problems that arise.
- No Excessive Bumping. Limited to 2 bumps per 24 hour period (00:00 - 23:59). Any post by the original poster counts as a bump, even if they are answering a question.
- No auction style posts. Listing a price is required and honour your prices.
- No Thread Crapping, it will not be tolerated. If you do not intend to buy the item or have nothing positive to add, please refrain from posting in that topic.
- No linking to sales on EBAY or other auction boards.
- No Dealers, Vendors, Resellers or Bulk Quantity sellers. Individual vendor employees are welcome to buy or sell items, but not on behalf of their company. We do offer sponsored deals and advertising opportunities please contact [email protected]
- No Paypal Surcharges (re: section 4.6 of Paypal User Agreement). You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions
- If you wish to re-use a thread to sell other items and want to change the thread title, please double-click on the thread title in the forum.
- Use of other Peoples threads to promote your own BST thread is strictly prohibited.
* Note: The sale of consoles and legitimate (non pirated) console games ARE allowed Guidelines:
- Computer Software (Pirated or Legal)*
- Gift Cards
- Intangible Items (CD Key's, Game Accounts etc.)
- Services (computer repair, building etc.)
- Guns, weapons, tobacco, alcohol, narcotics, pornography or sexually explicit items.
- Fake or Counterfeit goods
- ES or Engineering Sample Chips are considered property of their respective manufacturers and cannot be re-sold as per their own NDA's.
- RE or Retail Edge CPU's are not allowed to be resold or purchased via our Forums
(They're more guidelines than actual rules)
- Please check http://www.shopbot.ca/ for current pricing of your item before putting it for sale to make sure you are asking a realistic amount.
- You may only leave feedback in iTrader if you entered into a transaction with another member and money was either sent or received. "Promises" to do a deal does not qualify for leaving ANY type of feedback.
- There is a 25 post minimum before you can post a new thread in the B/S/T area. You will be locked out of the forum without this. Spamming other areas of the forum in order to boost your post count may result in deletion of the messages, future restriction from the B/S/T section or potential forum ban.
- If we are contacted about any member being a "bad trader" or a "troll," we reserve the right to take action against the member's account as we feel necessary to protect the community.
- We are unable to assist with "trades gone wrong" by providing ANY information given to Hardware Canucks in confidence including a member's personal information and/or IP address. We will comply with any official court order or police investigation.
- When/If your items are sold or become unavailable, amend your first post to reflect this by indicating SOLD or NO LONGER FOR SALE prominently at the top. It is recommended you keep all original details including price in case of future complications.