Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Buy/Sell & Trade (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/)
-   -   [FS] Sapphire 4870 512mb video card. 10% discount for HWC folders. (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/12301-sapphire-4870-512mb-video-card-10-discount-hwc-folders.html)

chrisk November 28, 2008 05:40 PM

Sold. Sapphire 4870 512mb video card. 10% discount for HWC folders.

2 Attachment(s)

***SOLD***

I am selling a Sapphire 4870 512mb video card. The price is $200 plus actual shipping costs with Canada Post (delivery method with Canada Post is up to you, pay actual shipping cost). I live in Ajax (a suburb east of Toronto), and local pickup by the buyer is encouraged if you live in the area. Local pickup may include a free beer upon purchasers arrival. I will ship the item within 24 hours after payment. First person to send me payment will get the item. Any offers to purchase will need to have a time when payment will be sent. Thanks!

I will provide a $20 discount if you are on our HWC folding@home team or are using Boinc Rosetta for Hardware Canucks. This includes new folding members. Please indicate clearly what your folding name is in any offer to purchase. Price is firm otherwise, and I will lower if I get zero interest. This card retails at $300.

I ask that all buyers have 50 posts or more in order to buy this product from me.

My preferred payment method is email money transfer or cash if it is a local purchase. My eBay userid is suprgrover (note the spelling). I will provide my mailing address and land phone number upon purchase agreement so you can call to ask questions.

Particular Card Information:
It was purchased July 12 (purchase receipt included, Canada Computers), and was never overclocked or bios flashed. Card is 9.5 inches long.

Included accessories as pictured:
1. 2 molex to PCI-E power connectors
2. Crossfire connector
3. DVI to VGA adaptor
4. DVI to HDMI connector
5. S-Video to RCA adapter
6. S-Video to Component adapter
7. Original install CD
8. Purchase receipt
9. Original box with most packaging material. Will use additional foam to secure package.

This card was great for gaming but the nVidia cards were better for folding so I picked up a GTX 260. Was going to keep this card and I am not too anxious to part with it as I paid $330 plus tax a short time ago, but if somebody needs a great card for gaming and are a part of the community then it can use the new home. Card is working fine but is sold as is.

***SOLD***

Table21 November 28, 2008 05:59 PM

very nice price. can we get the discount if we will be joining the folding team

chrisk November 28, 2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Table21 (Post 119193)
very nice price. can we get the discount if we will be joining the folding team

Good question. I will provide the discount if I can see some submitted WUs or your Rosetta stats for Hardware Canucks. I guess it would be similar for the HWC folding badge.

Lpfan4ever November 28, 2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskwarren (Post 119198)
Good question. I will provide the discount if I can see some submitted WUs or your Rosetta stats for Hardware Canucks. I guess it would be similar for the HWC folding badge.

I think he night mean if he buys this he'll join the team. I may be wrong.
And also, I wish I had some money for this. Good deal.

cegras November 28, 2008 11:11 PM

Oh gosh, that is SO tempting considering I do fold for HC on occasion, I think.

But I would have to get rid of my current 9600 GT..

Are you open to trades? : (

chrisk November 29, 2008 08:43 AM

Lol no trades. I will be buying a 9800gtx+ for folding purposes so if that was an option, but right now my intention is to strike a deal with a current or potential HWC folder.

werth November 29, 2008 09:08 AM

if someone can vouch for him ill grab it right now.. just dont want to get screwed again :)

SugarJ November 29, 2008 09:17 AM

He's been a member longer than you werth, and has more posts too. That's a good sign. If I needed another 4870 I'd be all over it.

cegras November 29, 2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskwarren (Post 119428)
Lol no trades. I will be buying a 9800gtx+ for folding purposes so if that was an option, but right now my intention is to strike a deal with a current or potential HWC folder.

I am in spot 39 : )

In fact, I fold with the 9600GT

ddude27 November 29, 2008 02:39 PM

I'm interested but I don't fold....