Hall Of Fame

Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Default Various Parts needed

Hi all.

I am looking for various computer parts that we need. The deal is we have a function coming up very soon probably next month that will be accomodating 22,000 people. And honest to god, we need close to 200 machines.

This is a religious ceremony that is taking place in Calgary, we are celebrating because our spiritual leader has been with us for the past 50 years and he is coming to Canada to see us, one city he will be visiting is Calgary.

Now in no means am I here to cheat up on you guys, we really do need 200 pcs. My favor I need from you guys is if you any used parts from AMD Athlon 64's to Intel P4's, something that makes a system run smooth, all we will be doing is tons of data entry and internet access. So if anybody would like to donate something that will be really appreciated.

What we need is: Full systems, so processors, motherboards, memory, power supplies, hard drives. Really I am asking any one who would like to donate it would be really appreciated, whatever you can give. Once we have an announcement made for when exactly the ceremony is happening, I may be able to give proof if you guys think I'm not saying truth..

Thanks
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old October 28, 2008, 05:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

No offence man, and I'm sure your legit, but a mini rant, the number of "donations plz" threads are multiplying, frankly the other 2 threads were Want to Buy (for cheap) and a build rig for (insert budget here) which simply, due to the kindness of member here HAPPENED to turn into donation threads, they were never started/designed to be "donation threads". Frankly if people arn't careful, news of this fourms extreme hearts and amazing comunity will get out (not a bad thing) which will attract faker's (bad) which will ruin trust of all bleeding hearts and donators (very bad) such as my self.

I'm sure your legit, but with such a blantent request I'm sorry but you get nothing from me unless proof is provided, I don't want to see our community's taken for, and our "donated" parts then sold under diffrent alias on various forums and etc for profit.

I really do aplogize if I'm coming off as harash, as I do not mean to but I'm just trying to prevent a rush of random people going "free parts for mezzz cause I'm umm "insert made up situation here" plz"

I'll be the first to donate something good the second proof is provided and I have (for my own doubts) verified it.
Old October 28, 2008, 08:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

I will provide a proof, just bare with me I am awaiting one myself.
As for donation, I will talk to my senior if we can buy stuff off the net, that way we can save bundles of cash, so if somebody has something available for a descent price, post away.

I understand you totally Chilly, trust me I am not that kind of guy who asks for donation. I can provide proof but only for dates really, other than that, I will see if I can find out how many people are attending..
Old October 28, 2008, 08:50 PM
Rookie

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

sorry for being so ignorant, but speaking of ceremony, you make me think of the type that you gather 22,000 people, give em poisoned whine, and tell them to meet on mars.
what religion is it ? and we would love more informations...
Old October 28, 2008, 11:11 PM
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Nice tolerant statement there Minimal. Could you possibly have belittled the man's religion any more? Grow up.
Old October 28, 2008, 11:41 PM
Allstar
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Hi all.

I am looking for various computer parts that we need. The deal is we have a function coming up very soon probably next month that will be accomodating 22,000 people. And honest to god, we need close to 200 machines.
All you really need to do is get each person attending to donate $5 for the function, this would raise 110, 000... Trust me that will be more then enough for 200 good computers. $550 each would let you spend 400 on the computer and $150 on the monitors. Buy them in bulk directly from the supplier! You really don't need donations when you have 22,000 people attending, I'm sure they can all cough up $5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
I'm sure your legit, but with such a blantent request I'm sorry but you get nothing from me unless proof is provided, I don't want to see our community's taken for, and our "donated" parts then sold under diffrent alias on various forums and etc for profit.
I think this is right too... after the large support for TwystedMonkey, there has been quite a few popping up. I donated to his cause because several people could vouch for him AND because he has been a contributing member for a while here. I'm sure tons of people could come on here with a story... but really we can only do so much so personally I think the people on this forum should consider supporting other people within this community. But really its up them, just saying its a slippery slope.

edit: Just to add I think its a great thing that HWC members can help other members, I just don't think its possible to help every aunt, uncle, friend, cause etc... that a member knows/belongs to. And if too many random causes start poping up, there will be too many scammers coming around and it will ruin it for the members who actually do need the support of this community.

Last edited by Jon_di2; October 29, 2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old October 29, 2008, 08:54 AM
MVP

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

speaking of scammers - it appears that is EXACTLY what Ugly n' Grey did a number of months ago.

WTB: Northwood proc
Old October 29, 2008, 09:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushwhacker View Post
speaking of scammers - it appears that is EXACTLY what Ugly n' Grey did a number of months ago.

WTB: Northwood proc
Well I'm not going to start frauding people while talking on religion.
Golden Jubilee Canada Official Website

Look at that website, does it look legimit to you, it is totally legit website. Here's another link.. Ismaili.NET WEB :: First Ismaili Electronic Library and Database

Read for yourself, I'm not here to scam anybody..
Old October 29, 2008, 10:30 AM
MVP
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

I think maybe canuck"s need"s a DONATION Thread ,That way if you are in need of Donated hardware or software then you can proceed to that thread,Rather then the Buy and Sell which was obviously setup for that reason only.

Old October 29, 2008, 11:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk View Post
I think maybe canuck"s need"s a DONATION Thread ,That way if you are in need of Donated hardware or software then you can proceed to that thread,Rather then the Buy and Sell which was obviously setup for that reason only.
No way, if we had a donation section there would 10 times the amount of threads most would be ppl trying to get freebies, then there would be the flaming, honestly I just see it as a nightmare from a moderators POV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Closed Thread