Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Buy/Sell & Trade (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/)
-   -   LF: AMD Athlon Dual Core (S939) (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/10836-lf-amd-athlon-dual-core-s939.html)

Lpfan4ever October 13, 2008 12:22 PM

LF: AMD Athlon Dual Core (S939)

Well, I figured out that my PC stopped working due to my CPU dieing. I have nothing else to use other than a '98 HP, which is ancient technology. I was wondering if anybody had a *S939* dual core I could take off their hands. I saw them at Tiger Direct a while back, but I can't find them anywhere now. I really don't want to have to go back to a single core.

Thanks,
Kyle

sswilson October 13, 2008 12:27 PM

Not sure where you are, but make sure you drop a "wanted" ad onto your local Kijiji. Might be somebody with one kicking around in a bin. :)

Lpfan4ever October 13, 2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 99724)
Not sure where you are, but make sure you drop a "wanted" ad onto your local Kijiji. Might be somebody with one kicking around in a bin. :)

Oh, good idea. Hopefully, hopefully....Only problem is thay don't have my city. I guess Mississauga will have to do.

CMetaphor October 13, 2008 01:03 PM

Are you sure it's the processor? Unless the pins are bent/broken off I've never seen a CPU that's died - Ever. Might want to go through a few more troubleshooting ideas before saying its the proc. that's dead. I'd say it's your motherboard.

Lpfan4ever October 13, 2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMetaphor (Post 99744)
Are you sure it's the processor? Unless the pins are bent/broken off I've never seen a CPU that's died - Ever. Might want to go through a few more troubleshooting ideas before saying its the proc. that's dead. I'd say it's your motherboard.

yeah, I thought it was weird too. I took my 3500+ out and got an older 3200+ and put it in, and the system booted fine. Tried putting mine back in, and nothing. Everything powers on but nothing hapens. My monitor stays blank.

It's a store bought PC, so I can't do anything to the bios that would harm it, as I'm locked out from the bios. Stupid Compaq :censored:

Tazer-[X] October 13, 2008 02:33 PM

umm, ive seen lots of cpu's die.

llama_egg October 13, 2008 03:08 PM

Not really helpful there Tazer...

Anywho, is this what you where looking for?
AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 2.60GHz 1MB Cache 2000MHz FSB Hyper-Transport Socket 939 OEM Processor ADAFX55DEI5AS in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

Lpfan4ever October 13, 2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llama_egg (Post 99816)

Uh, kind of. Just wasn't planning on spending $150 on this dieing thing. I'll wait a bit to see if anyone else may have something, but thanks Llama. I'm also not sure if my mobo will support the FX, but I'll have to check.

CMetaphor October 13, 2008 03:47 PM

I just recently got an X2 3800+ from another forum member... But that FX-55 is dam juicy for that price. Lemme see how much $$$ I can make from my sale and I'll let you know :thumb:. If I can make enough, you can have the X2 3800.

Lpfan4ever October 13, 2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMetaphor (Post 99825)
I just recently got an X2 3800+ from another forum member... But that FX-55 is dam juicy for that price. Lemme see how much $$$ I can make from my sale and I'll let you know :thumb:. If I can make enough, you can have the X2 3800.

Wow. That would be awesome. I really don't have a lot of money to be fixing that thing, because I've been trying to save for a new PC since 2006. If it does turn out, I would be VERY VERY thankful.