LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 7, 2008, 09:24 AM
Rookie

Recent iTrader Ratings
Period: 1 Month 6 Months 12 Months
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Default Anyone in Ottawa with a cheap old pci-e card?

Hey guys,

I ordered my new computer and unfortunately NCIX wasn't able to ship my case and videocard with the rest. So I have a pile of computer parts with no videocard :(. Is there anyone else in Ottawa that has a used pci-e card that I could either a) Buy for real cheap (Just need it to set the computer up and until new card arrives) or B) Just borrow for about a week until the new card arrives?

Sincerely

Joel

Last edited by JRunior; October 7, 2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old October 7, 2008, 09:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

Default PCI-E

Since this site is not affiliated with any retailers, I suppose what I am going to say is ok. But if mods dont agree with me, by all means delete this post and I am sorry.

Go to Future shop or your favorite Best buy. Pick a card and pay it whit your credit card. Then, when the Ncix one is delivered, just return it to FS. Voila. You need to check but I think Future shop policy is at least 15 days no question return.

I did it, I know, this is not ethical, but in a way they benifited from it. Cause now, when I need some electronic supply, I go there....

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old October 7, 2008, 09:47 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

It's 15 days on computer stuff, printers etc... 30 for everything else. And there is nothing wrong with using this policy. I abuse the heck out of it. I have gotten 2 xbox's and 2 ps3's over the years, played all the good games that were exclusives and returned them. I took home 3 plasma's and used them for 30 days before I settled on the one I bought. too many mice to count I've bought and tried and returned. Computer trouble? Go get an armload of parts, find out what's wrong, return the rest.
Old October 7, 2008, 10:10 AM
Allstar
F@H

Recent iTrader Ratings
Positive Positive 0 0 0
Neutral Neutral 0 0 0
Negative Negative 0 0 0

My System Specs

I got an 7600GT XXX edition catching dust that I would let go for cheap... I work downtown Ottawa. PM me if you are interested.

edit: I also got a 8600GTS in the wife's computer that i'd let go for a VERY good price... so I could pop my 3870 in her's and get me a new GPU