Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 31, 2008, 02:21 PM
Top Prospect

Default Mic Volume - Sennheiser PC 161

I'm having issues with the new headset that i bought. the sound volume isn't awesome to begin with but loud enough from what I hear for headsets. The biggest thing is that i can't seem to get any volume from the mic. I practically have to yell into it to get it to show on the bars during setup. I've been through every setting i can find. Mic boost is even on and it still won't work. I am running vista ultimate 32bit and I'm think that it's either vista or my soundcard which is the Supreme FX II that came with my Asus Maximus Extreme. I have tried another mic i have and it is the same thing. Have to practically yell. I did try this headset on another computer that is running XP 32bit and it seems to do fine. I looked for new drivers for the sound card but couldn't find any. The sound through my Z-5500 is great so no complaints there. Just having problems with the mic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Mic is now working. No idea why. After many restarts while overclocking my q9450 some more it suddenly started working which i noticed because the headset was sitting on a fan and blowing air at it. Was really worried at first though i screwed something up since i was getting crazy static. But all is well now. just wish i knew what it was that fixed it.

Last edited by timbruun; September 1, 2008 at 10:31 PM.