Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Audio (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/audio/)
-   -   need help finding quality headphones (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/audio/9433-need-help-finding-quality-headphones.html)

Kentalish August 18, 2008 01:35 AM

need help finding quality headphones

Hey I live in Canada and I was going to by the AT AH-A500 headphones but to get them they would cost around $120 Canadian to buy. I know I could find them cheaper used but I'm one of those people who don't like sharing hats, headphones or anything that goes ontop of someones head.

My budget is $75 CAD and I might be able to go a little higher.

I am looking for comfy gaming headphones... right now I have this Fatality gaming headset... but I would like to get just headphones because I have a zalman mic so I won't need a headset.

I am looking for headphones for 85% gaming 10% movies and 5% music... since i use my ipod and other headphones for it.

also the AD500 were to expensive to

If anyone could help that would be great... I'm new to the headphone world.

thanks in advance

Kent

Mars August 18, 2008 07:04 AM

I'm a big fan of Grado headphones, if you've got a real audio store in your area, pop in and demo some cans. (Don't limit yourself to Grado, obviously, try whatever looks interesting for the price)

The Grado S60 should be in that pricerange.

Dashock August 18, 2008 12:31 PM

I used Sony Dj MDR-V700 i love em their big but i also dj and mix sooo its a perfect setup for me.

lcdguy August 18, 2008 12:39 PM

while they are not gaming head phones (no mic) i absolutely love my sennheiser head phones. I believe they also make gaming headsets as well. I would look into them as ncix usually has them on sale quite often.

Kentalish August 18, 2008 12:57 PM

what kind of
Sennheiser

lol copy and pasting from sits is fun sometimes
!!!

Spaceman-Spiff August 18, 2008 01:55 PM

Most gaming headphones come with mics. So if you want one without mic, these are headphones more geared towards other uses, but still also good for gaming:Or if you can afford it: NCIX.com - Buy Sennheiser HD 555 HI-FI Stereo Headphones 15-28000HZ 50OHM 10FT Black - HD555 In Canada.

Nodscene August 18, 2008 03:06 PM

I highly suggest the Grado's also. I opted to spend a little more for the SR80's and they do not dissapoint. They are by far the best sounding cans for the price, hell, I even liked them better than the $400 Sennheiser and AKG headphone. Of course those are closed and the Grado's are open.

Kentalish August 18, 2008 03:35 PM

are the
Technics RP-DH1200 Professional Headphones DJ any good
or the Denon DN-HP1000 Professional Headphones

Squeetard August 18, 2008 04:39 PM

I have a pair of sennhieser wireless, they are really good but I dont use them any more. Cant beat real 5.1 surround sound for movies and games. Nobody makes good set of true 5.1 headphones yet either. So my neighbours will just have to suck it up.

Kentalish August 19, 2008 11:46 AM

are any of these good headphones that i can game over 9 hours with?

SENNHEISER HD-201

Sennheiser Extreme DJ 205

Sennheiser HD 202

Sennheiser HD-212

Sennheiser HD415

SENNHEISER HD 477

Sennheiser HD 437

SENNHEISER HD-457

and maybe Sennheiser HD 435