Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 19, 2008, 11:00 PM
Rookie

Default Auzentech Prelude Vs X-Fi Titanium

Hey Guys,

Well i'm looking to upgrade from my onboard sound card but right now i don't know which one should i get.

I'm Using the Z-2300 logitech Speaker and i listen a lot of music and play some games like COD4 CSS and crysis.

So, what you guys think about this??
Thanks
Jo
Old July 19, 2008, 11:41 PM
Top Prospect

I curently own a x-fi titanium and a friend of mine has the Auzentech Prelude... I just can't see the difference between the two except that the auzentech can run the crystalyser option ( wich is more of an option for movies I think ). All in all, two great cards ( both based on the x-fi chip )for around 128$ @ NCIX right now. I guess the other differences I can see is that one is pci-e 1x and the other is pci. So if you are running a sli/crossfire setup, you may wanna go with the titanium...if you have a pci-e 1x slot over your first graphic card slot...that way your cards may breed more easily. Another thing differs: the connectors on the cards. The digital in/out on the titanium is optical, on the auzentech, these are RCA.

Guess that didn't help ya much right ... Well, as these two cards are great, I'll have to say....go with your heart dude...Eighter way, you can't go wrong

EDIT: BTW welcome to the forums man... just saw that was your first post ;)
8 Gig Gskill pc2 8000 4x2gig
HIS HD4870X2
BenQ V2400W monitor
Pc power and cooling quad 750
Cooler Master Stacker 830

Old July 19, 2008, 11:41 PM
Rookie

Get the Prelude, Creative will find a way to screw you over. I wouldn't get either because drivers for both cards are made by Creative.
Old July 19, 2008, 11:45 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Companion_Cube View Post
Get the Prelude, Creative will find a way to screw you over. I wouldn't get either because drivers for both cards are made by Creative.
Interesting !!! I never had any problems with my creative cards/drivers...
8 Gig Gskill pc2 8000 4x2gig
HIS HD4870X2
BenQ V2400W monitor
Pc power and cooling quad 750
Cooler Master Stacker 830

Old July 20, 2008, 12:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHf View Post
Interesting !!! I never had any problems with my creative cards/drivers...
Don't worry, they are planning something big for you if you haven't been screwed over yet.

And now back to the topic, I would second the choice of getting the Prelude.
Old July 20, 2008, 04:19 PM
Rookie

Thx Guys.

Ya Seem that the Xonar is a Beast lol
Old August 3, 2008, 10:50 AM
Allstar

The Prelude and the Xonars are the best card out right now. The Titanium isn't really in the running for the top spot.
Old August 3, 2008, 11:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Xonar > anything Creative. Period. Had them all. Xonar eats them all for breakfast. (Only card I would ever take over a Xonar is the Auzentech X-Meridian).
Old August 3, 2008, 04:14 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Xonar > anything Creative. Period. Had them all. Xonar eats them all for breakfast. (Only card I would ever take over a Xonar is the Auzentech X-Meridian).
The Xonars sound great. I have two of them here and have reviewed 3 now for the site and enjoyed them all.

Creative cards have always offered gaming standards but they seemed to never be concerned with real sound quality. Their designs were just passed on from card to card. For instance, when the X-fi came out it contained the exact same output sections as the Audigy series. The X-Music has the same components choices as the Audigy 2 and even their "top of the line" E-Pro had the same output choices as the Audigy 4, IIRC.
Which are seriously nothing compared ot the Prelude or Xonars for quality and component choices.
One thing I could suggest though is better opamp choices as ther Xonars use great DAC's usually seen in the High end Denon amplifier series but they are outfitted with jelly bean opamps. Their new HDAV 1.3 card does have fully replacable opamps, which is a good design decision.

To note, I have my X-Meridian installed right beside my Prelude and I am using both for different tasks and working on implmenting both for the best sound source I can get...
My X-Meridian 7.1 and Prelude 7.1 are both loaded with some serious opamps and I am considering a few mods of both. The X-Meridians sounds amazing with LM4562's and sound unreal with some higher grade opamps.
That being said for gaming though the best choices for getting the best sound quality in EAX/OpenAL enabled games are the Prelude or a dual card solution running the software we developed call Velbac.

Last edited by Robscix; August 3, 2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old August 3, 2008, 06:06 PM
Allstar

Wow Rob, that was like
anyway, where can I get one of the deadly Xonar cards ur talkingbout? Heck, I dont know if he said it was deadly. He kinda sounded like a car salesman talking about all the features