Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 1, 2008, 05:34 PM
Allstar

Default DTS-Connect Released for Prelude 7.1

For the Prelude owners, the DTS-Connect driver has been released today for the Prelude 7.1 soundcard. Installed without a hitch on my system and runs great. DRIVER LINK
Old July 9, 2008, 06:24 PM
Rookie

@ Robscix - this is a beta release. I do not usually install beta's. Any idea when an official release will be made? There are known issues, as stated on the website. Have you experianced any of them? I have the logitech Z5500 system with DTS, will this new feature really be worth it?
Old July 9, 2008, 06:54 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondogg View Post
@ Robscix - this is a beta release. I do not usually install beta's. Any idea when an official release will be made? There are known issues, as stated on the website. Have you experianced any of them? I have the logitech Z5500 system with DTS, will this new feature really be worth it?
From my testing it is stable. There is some glitching if you try and change settings etc while any sound is playing but Vista is bad with that no matter what your doing. When I actually put on the ecoder and use it..the encoder is stbale and give good output with no poping or snapping..etc. Some people have had such troubles but for the most part it is good for a beta. I am unsure when a full flegde relase will be out I guess once they get back all the feeback returned from their Beta testers.

Last edited by Robscix; July 10, 2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old July 10, 2008, 11:44 AM
Rookie

For me this beta does not work at all. I don't even get a single sound out of my soundcard.. furthermore.. i cannot remove the DTS function anymore..
Old July 10, 2008, 12:36 PM
Allstar

Your using Vista right? This is also a digital encoder so you need a receiver or digital speaker to use it. I am just guessing at possible reasons because you didn't give very much info. Further more you enable this feature in the soundcards control panel and NOT the Vista audio control panel.
Old July 11, 2008, 04:19 PM
Mushkin Rep.

Did beta 1.1 help with anyone getting dts to stop dropping out?
Old July 11, 2008, 04:28 PM
Allstar

These drivers aren't just the DTS encoder updates there are other fixes and features included in them. I am pretty sure this update fixes the Mic issue for some. For instance the beta 1 driver also included a new feature, the addition of Bass redirection in the Entertainment mode. This was needed and asked for by many users.
Old July 11, 2008, 04:45 PM
Mushkin Rep.

Just curious if I should install 1.1 or wait (using 1.0 now). It says it fixed DDL dropping issues, but no mention of DTS.
Old July 12, 2008, 02:36 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
Your using Vista right? This is also a digital encoder so you need a receiver or digital speaker to use it. I am just guessing at possible reasons because you didn't give very much info. Further more you enable this feature in the soundcards control panel and NOT the Vista audio control panel.
Sry for the late answer.. yeah i'm using Vista 64 bit with SP1.. I also have the Logitech Z-5500. The driver does not work at all.. as soon i install these drivers i do not get any kind of sound and when i try to uninstall the drivers i get these error messages:
Attached Images

Last edited by akeela84; July 12, 2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old July 12, 2008, 12:39 PM
Mushkin Rep.

Just updated to beta 1.1 myself too, to see if it worked fine for me. Installed right, but encoder screen freezes the program.
Vista x64 sp1
Allows me to set to DTS / DDL via taskbar though, will test to see if dts is dropping still.
Once set through taskbar, I can access the encoder screen fine.

Last edited by MushkinGreg; July 12, 2008 at 02:14 PM.