Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 9, 2008, 05:47 AM
Rookie

ever since driver AZT_XP_VISTA 1.02.5, the notes section of the driver download page states DTS not included in this driver.

Question, when you remove all the components of the drivers you have, in preparation for updating to the new driver, don't you remove DTS as well?

Then if it is not included, as stated in the notes section of the driver page, how do you get it back.

The link at the start of this thread takes you to the latest driver - RC7. I couldn't find any area to get the DTS only. I'm confused!!!
Old September 14, 2008, 12:07 PM
Allstar

I am pretty sure the next version of drivers will be coming with a new version of DTS-Connect.
Old September 19, 2008, 11:00 AM
MVP

Did anyone find that with RC6 and RC7 their optical pass-through no longer works?
Old September 24, 2008, 07:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I emailed Auzentech to get the Vista 64 bit drivers, and he gave me a link to RC8 Auzentech, Inc. Sound Cards. Audio You Can Believe In. World First soundcards for Music, HTPC, and Gaming.

Can't wait to get my prelude next monday :D

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old September 26, 2008, 06:33 AM
Allstar

The Preldue RC8 drivers were relased a few days ago and include DTS-C again.
Old September 26, 2008, 10:49 AM
MVP

The patch notes lists only DTS Encoding. do they mean decoding as well?
Old September 26, 2008, 10:52 AM
Allstar

DTS encoding, is when the card encodes your audio for output to a recevier. DTS-Decoding is when the card decodes DTS-audio from the card inputs. The Prelude does not decode from inputs and never has. It will decode through software -such as when you are playing a DTS-encoded disk...
Old September 26, 2008, 11:33 AM
MVP

My understanding was DTS Encoding is like DDL. It encodes your analog signal into a digital for transport over Optical out.

The prelude could always play a DolbyDigital encoded disk but couldn't encode it until DDL functunality was brought in.

Now the prelude cannot play a DTS encoded disc either.. or maybe it can with this driver.. but what I'm trying to clarify is if this "DTS ENCODING" patch note means its just encoding an existing analog signal into a DTS one, or if will also support DTS pass-through over optical so I can listen to it on my Z5500 which it couldn't do so far.