Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12, 2008, 01:53 PM
Rookie

Red face

Well.. i have downloaded the Beta 1.1 and everything works fine by now..
Nevermind then.. if something is going wrong it's because it is a beta driver..
Old July 13, 2008, 06:10 PM
Allstar

..Yes,yes. It works for the most parts still has a glitch or two but is a Beta so make due until a patch or better version is released.
Old July 28, 2008, 09:05 PM
MVP

What annoys me is that they still haven't fixed the mic issue in TS/Vent. Its known back from 1.0 and still is a Known Issue with these beta drivers. And no word on the SLI fix either.

I feel really gipped that I bought this card. It has such rave reviews and all this promise of massive features 'soon' but damn.. its been a year since I bought it and I still do not have a stable driver.
Old July 29, 2008, 06:31 AM
Allstar

I know most SLi mobos have trouble with soundcards because I have helped countless people troubleshoot them. For a workaround for your mic, enable your onboard and set the onboard to record in your control panel and Leave the Prelude for playback.
Old July 29, 2008, 06:35 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
I know most SLi mobos have trouble with soundcards because I have helped countless people troubleshoot them. For a workaround for your mic, enable your onboard and set the onboard to record in your control panel and Leave the Prelude for playback.
Can you expand upon the SLI issue? Is there a fix? What exactly causes the issue (strained bus lanes?)

As for the workaround.. not a bad idea.. I'll give that a shot.
Old August 3, 2008, 09:47 AM
Allstar

Not sure what you can attribute the trouble to possibly not follwing specifications for communication between boards and add-in on the parts of either company. Trouble has been fixed on various boards by Bios updates or driver revisions..etc.
Old August 6, 2008, 01:40 PM
Rookie

Smile

I just found this on Auzentech's website..

Quote:
Dear Valued Customers:

We are happy to announce a new X-Fi Prelude driver which does not require registration. This driver has internal mechanisms to discourage unauthorized use.

We still encourage our customers to register at the Auzentech Registration Desk. By doing so you will be download-ready for future member-only downloads, and you may qualify for the Plus+1 Warranty Extension program (see related Open Letter, below).

The new X-Fi Prelude driver is scheduled to be available for download by Thursday, August 7th.

Sincerely,

The Auzentech Team
Auzentech, Inc.
Old August 6, 2008, 01:43 PM
Allstar

Yes, this is quite cool of them. I got this in the email a couple days ago. You no longer need to register your card but if you do they extend your warranty by another year. I guess people who have already registered will have this warranty extension added to their serial number and case file. Not to bad on their part if you ask me.
Old August 6, 2008, 02:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Nope, makes me glad I ordered a Prelude today lol
Old August 7, 2008, 05:04 PM
Mushkin Rep.

Very cool. I'll have to check it out