Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 27, 2008, 11:04 PM
Rookie

Exclamation Problem whit the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1

Hi guys im back whit a problem.

I got the Auzentech Prelude soundcard installed in my girlfriend computer but appenrantly she only gets stereo sound from her 5.1 sound system.

I check the conection and they seem to be well pluged according to the manual and i check the sound manager in window vista and the souncard is set in 5.1 mode and i still dont get the 5.1 sound!

SO PLEASE guys help me out any advice would be welcome!

My girl is currently using a new rig that has Window Vista 64 bit and she use the driver that came whit the Prelude card and she uses the Logitech X-530 5.1 speaker system.

thank for your help guys

Oh by the way HAPPY CANADA DAY!
Old June 28, 2008, 09:40 AM
Allstar

Check over your connections and settings. To get 5.1 surround when playing music (2.0) you will need to have the CMSS-3D enabled. -What is she trying to play? Movies? music?
Old June 28, 2008, 02:59 PM
Rookie

Hi there Robscix i check the connection and setting and everything seems to be alrigth i even got this cmss-3d thing enable but i still dont get any 5.1 sound on game or in music ! and also she got the latest patch from auzentech (i dont know it is true but i heard in window vista 64 bit dosent support 5.1 channel?)
Old June 28, 2008, 03:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazabe View Post
Hi there Robscix i check the connection and setting and everything seems to be alrigth i even got this cmss-3d thing enable but i still dont get any 5.1 sound on game or in music ! and also she got the latest patch from auzentech (i dont know it is true but i heard in window vista 64 bit dosent support 5.1 channel?)
Music won't be 5.1 as its a stereo signal meaning at best you'll get the fronts working and nothing else. The other thing that could happen is your "player" could emulate the stereo audio across 5 channels but still won't be 5.1.

The only things that will truly be in 5.1 or more is dvd movies, dvd audio or games that support surround sound that you have turned on.
Old June 28, 2008, 03:24 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazabe View Post
I know lots of people running Vista X64 and have no trouble. Check your REAR channel connection on the card. There are the side outputs and the Rears outputs some put them in the wrong jack. When I look eat my connection on the card all three jacks are all side by side. This has messed up a few people....
Old June 28, 2008, 03:40 PM
Rookie

Hey Robsix the cable are connect has follow : Green: front speakers (front out), Dark: rear speakers (rear out), Orange: center speaker and subwoofer (center/woofer out) is that the correct way side by side?
Old June 28, 2008, 03:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

1 = Side to screw your card in...

1 ..
2 ..
3 .. Front Left/Right
4 .. Rear Left/Right
5 .. Center/Sub
6 ..
7 ..
8 ..
Old June 28, 2008, 03:46 PM
Allstar

just like what is posted above. Some will move the Rears to the wrong jack.