Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22, 2008, 02:51 PM
Allstar

Ok...after using both sets on sat I would have to say the Turtle Beach's are better at just about everything except for the comfort of the earcups and the way the zalman's have deaper cups. That being said I wore the TB's for almost 4 hours straight and they still weren't uncomfortable. The bass is a lot better on the TB's and overall sound is clearer. I really like the sub on the TB's. Also the mic is flawless on vent. Apparently my voice was clearer and more consistent. Big plus is you can position it where you want it. I'm still playing with the sound levels on the individual speakers to get just the right level for me which is another big bonus cause everyone has different prefferences. I've only had them a few days and my first impression was that these (TB's) are great Since playing with the different levels over a bit of gaming and noticing the sounds that I really don't think I would have heard with the zalman's I would have to give the TB's a 4.5/5 with the zalmans at 3.5/5. Don't get me wrong though....for $45 the zalman's are a great deal but for $75 you get a better headset that in my opinion is worth the extra money Hopefully that last as long as my zalmans

PS: Took .5 off the TB's score only cause the earcups could of been a little deeper and softer.
Silverstone Strider 1kw modular
4870x2
Ocz Vendetta 2
Top deck Tech Station
Samsung dvd

Last edited by cdn_Madrach; June 22, 2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Forgot the PS lol
Old June 23, 2008, 04:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

This might be a moot point by this time. But i personally love my Tritton AX360 headphones. But if i didn't need a boom mic i would be using my sennheiser pc-205 headphones :)

Old June 23, 2008, 05:19 AM
Allstar

There are also a few 5.1 headsets available now that contain built in Dolby Digital Decoders. You just connect your optical/Coax out from your card to the decoders input and you have full digital 5.1.
Old June 23, 2008, 03:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

those 5.1 decoders ones your talking about one of them is teh tritton headset i have. I would look else where if you need coax/toslink connectivity with 5.1 dd. mine is crap but the analog works great.

Old June 23, 2008, 07:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just popped in to say haven't picked up anything yet, the PC-350's are at the top of my list right now, someone from work has the razer hp-1 going to loan them to me for the weekend.
There not really on my list but it gives me a chance to sit down and play some COD and then decide the 5.1 question. Do I need it or want it.
IDK 5.`1 in headphones just sounds..........gimicky thats why I want to try them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 24, 2008, 08:42 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Just popped in to say haven't picked up anything yet, the PC-350's are at the top of my list right now, someone from work has the razer hp-1 going to loan them to me for the weekend.
There not really on my list but it gives me a chance to sit down and play some COD and then decide the 5.1 question. Do I need it or want it.
IDK 5.`1 in headphones just sounds..........gimicky thats why I want to try them out.
Did you get the PM and the info?
Old June 30, 2008, 02:44 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i have a set of sennheiser HD 555 with a zalman mic and they are amazing
Old June 30, 2008, 09:16 PM
Top Prospect

I've had these Zalman for 18months and they seem ok:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...=ZALMAN%20TECH

Extremely comfortable, but if only I could get rid of the smell.....damn I think there's things growing and living in there, a micro ecosystem in it's own right.
Old July 1, 2008, 05:05 AM
Top Prospect

I have had the zalman 5.1 for a couple months now and for affordability and comfort they have decent but not exceptional sound as the higher priced headsets likely do, But my wife and I really like wearing the for Imax or hd blue ray the sound is incredible for 40 bucks.

Old July 1, 2008, 06:01 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Hey, Supergrover, when you decide what you want, don't forget to check out Ebay, I got a smoking deal on a new set of PC-151's with free shipping this spring. Gotta love getting things for half the cost you normally would... good luck with the headphones.