Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 17, 2008, 11:44 AM
Allstar

Default Auzentech X-FI HT 7.1 HDMI card pics and specs

Auzentech X-FI Home Theater 7.1 HDMI 1.3 Combo card

HDMI 1.3 Audio has become a hot topic in the audio forums, Home theater and PC enthusiast alike have been watching the developments very closely. Many companies are bringing new HDMI 1.3 capable hardware such as TV's and receivers to market that sport some impressive audio/video specifications. Many audio/video gurus are looking forward to full 8 Channel lossless high resolution audio that delivers all the original audio content recorded and meant to be heard by the end users.

Auzentech recently announced to the public they will be adding a new HDMI 1.3 combo card to their sound card line-up slated for release in September 2008. This new Auzentech card has the full gamut of HDMI 1.3 Audio output specifications and a few other features also. This X-FI HT 7.1 audio card will be a definite heavy weight contender battling for your hard earned HDMI audio dollars.

Click Picture to Zoom In

This new high definition audiocard features a redesigned 20KX X-FI DSP boasting a native PCI-E interface and supports full HDMI 1.3 high resolution audio standards such as Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® Digital TrueHD, DTS-HD and Bit streaming with Non Down-Sampling Output capabilities. This card will also have output capabilities for more traditional S/PDIF (Optical/Coax) output options such as Dolby® Digital Live and DTS-Connect Real-Time Encoding seen on other Auzentech offerings.
For those of you still waiting to take the digital leap to HDMI 1.3, Auzentech has also included a complete analog I/O section to the formidable digital arsenal with an Analog Multi I/O break out cable. This I/O cable features: 4 x 3.5mm(1/8") Stereo jacks for line outputs, 1 x 3.5mm (1/8") TRS mini jack for Mic input and a 3.5mm (1/8") mini jack for Stereo line input.

NVidia and CyberLink have both joined Auzentech on this project to ensure a full HDMI 1.3 solution via hardware and supporting software. The designers have incorporated video integration in the form of a internal video interface that will exclusively support future NVIDIA graphics cards and a external Video connector that can be used for ATI branded graphics products.
CyberLink, developers of the award-winning Power DVD software will also be making contributions to this project by adding features in their media player software to take full advantage of the Auzen X-fi HT 7.1 audio output capabilities. Finally, HT enthusiasts will be able to achieve FULL high definition audio output from Modern optical media without down sampling.

We shall keep this page updated so stay tuned.

Auzentech X-fi HT 7.1 Specifications

Last edited by Robscix; June 18, 2008 at 06:36 AM.
Old August 7, 2008, 07:55 AM
Allstar

Do we have any opinions?
Old August 7, 2008, 08:51 AM
Allstar
F@H

Sure looks and sound cool, no pun intended. I'd buy one for the HTPC when they are available. Or somebody can feel free to send me one to review. *hint hint*

Old August 8, 2008, 01:22 AM
Rookie

It's nice to see Auzentech have a more diversified product line based on the X-FI. I'm assuming the soon to be released card is the reason why the Prelude is at a much more appealing price right now with the mail in rebates.

This should position Auzentech rather nicely to cater to the Home Theater/Gaming crowd for the upper price bracket and allow them to position the Prelude at a more attractive price for the crowd not interested in HDMI.
Old August 8, 2008, 07:16 AM
Allstar

One note, that is not mentioned in the above specifications but is mentioned on the Auzen site is the fact that the 40 pin header will be compatible with certain creative Extension products. -exact models, I am unsure but I am thinking you may be able to use the 5-1/4" drive bays with this card!
Old August 8, 2008, 03:06 PM
MVP

Expect fully working drivers for this product about 1.8 years after release of it :s
Old August 8, 2008, 03:26 PM
Allstar

The drivers for all my Auzen cards worked great. Some have had difficulties with the Prelude 7.1 drivers but they are usually related to Vista X64 and certain motherboards.

Last edited by Robscix; August 8, 2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old August 10, 2008, 07:53 AM
MVP

No the prelude drivers suck all around for all version of OSs. Iregardless of motherboards.

And I'm not even talking about bugs. I'm talking about the fact that its been a year and I still don't have bug free DDL, or even any kind of DTS.
Old August 10, 2008, 08:17 AM
Allstar

DDL works fine for me and DTS is still in the experimental stage so some people have trouble with them but they are quite stable for most people. Don't assume everybody has issues because you have them with your particular configuration of hardware and software.
Perhaps this should go in another thread instead of ruining the thread of a product not even released yet.

Last edited by Robscix; August 10, 2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old August 10, 2008, 09:41 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post
No the prelude drivers suck all around for all version of OSs. Iregardless of motherboards.

And I'm not even talking about bugs. I'm talking about the fact that its been a year and I still don't have bug free DDL, or even any kind of DTS.
Same here. I'm using DDL and every day either the sound just stops and I have to restart, or it starts stuttering. The only way to bring back sound from the stuttering is to disable, and then enable DDL. Or you can restart again.

Both of these symptoms are apparently well known issues which have been documented. Auzentech is releasing a new set of drivers this August 12th which are supposed to fix the DDL issues and get rid of the dumb activation process, too. Alas, I have yet to "hear" it to believe it.
Main: Intel 2600K @ 4.8GHz | Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 | 16GB Corsair DDR3-2000 | 2 x 240GB Corsair Force 3 in RAID1 | 2 x 4TB Hitachi 7K4000 | 3 x 2TB WD Caviar Black | Antec 1200 | Seasonic XP-860 Platinum | 2GB GTX 670 | 2 x 27" Asus VE278Q | Asus Essence ST | Win7 Pro 64-bit