Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51 (permalink)  
Old February 15, 2018, 03:19 PM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 11,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
This little guy seems to get pretty good reviews so I picked one up.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00F0H8TOC/...709270_TE_item

Will let me run my bookshelf speakers or any 4-6 ohm if need be.
Just going to update this... even on crappy speakers... I'm impressed with how loud this little amp puts out volume lol.

Going to have to invest in some good speakers.
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old March 17, 2018, 08:10 PM
Mr. Friendly's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 1,270

My System Specs

Default

well...bought the DragonFly Red and Jitterbug today. came upon a sale with a 35% discount. :)
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old August 30, 2018, 08:28 AM
supaflyx3's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chilliwack BC
Posts: 2,867

My System Specs

Default

Sennheiser HD6XXs & HD598Cs, Micca MB42X passive monitors with an SMSL Sanskrit 6 dac, SMSL sApII headphone amp, fx-audio tube-03 tube pre-amp. Shopping for a 2.1 stereo amplifier now.

On that note I need a few recommendations, what are some good pre-amp tubes for warm/deep bass & lows? I have 6J1s right now. Also what's a good 100w~ subwoofer? Preferably passive.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old August 30, 2018, 08:47 AM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 11,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Sennheiser HD6XXs & HD598Cs, Micca MB42X passive monitors with an SMSL Sanskrit 6 dac, SMSL sApII headphone amp, fx-audio tube-03 tube pre-amp. Shopping for a 2.1 stereo amplifier now.

On that note I need a few recommendations, what are some good pre-amp tubes for warm/deep bass & lows? I have 6J1s right now. Also what's a good 100w~ subwoofer? Preferably passive.
Micca MB42x are pretty good little speakers. I plan to throw a small 8" or 10" sub with high level inputs to feed through my small amp for a bit more oomph.
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old August 30, 2018, 09:46 AM
supaflyx3's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chilliwack BC
Posts: 2,867

My System Specs

Default

Good to hear. From the reviews I read they're the best sub $200 passive speakers to buy. Now I just need to decide if I want a powered sub + stereo amp or a 2.1 amp and a passive sub
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old August 30, 2018, 10:12 AM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 11,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Good to hear. From the reviews I read they're the best sub $200 passive speakers to buy. Now I just need to decide if I want a powered sub + stereo amp or a 2.1 amp and a passive sub
I only run 2.1 now as I don't see a need for "surround" setups. The amp I am using is the SMSL SA50 (https://www.amazon.com/SMSL-50Wx2-TD.../dp/B00F0H8TOC)
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)  
Old August 30, 2018, 10:24 AM
supaflyx3's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chilliwack BC
Posts: 2,867

My System Specs

Default

Yeah I'm torn between that, the sa-98e or this 2.1 amp and just going with a passive sub: https://www.amazon.ca/Dilvpoetry-FX-...URL&ref=plSrch
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)  
Old August 30, 2018, 10:48 AM
Mr. Friendly's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 1,270

My System Specs

Default

man...I still need to break out all my speakers.

some B&O S8's and my Kanto YU6 and SUB8.
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)  
Old August 30, 2018, 11:21 AM
Lpfan4ever's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,051

My System Specs

Default

Wanted to buy the HD58x but after conversion and potential duties that wasn't happening. Then I decided closed cans would be best for commuting, and the DT770 250ohm was next in line. Those are also too damn expensive so I ended up with a set of ATH-M40x with Shure 840 pads and soon to be a new cable I'm going make, since 1.2m of coiled cable is unwieldy for mobile.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp
I don't know, maybe if you get a big enough compacticator you can put it in your butt and name yourself "sexbuttplug"...
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
...
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)  
Old September 2, 2018, 07:30 PM
Dark Knight's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
Wanted to buy the HD58x but after conversion and potential duties that wasn't happening. Then I decided closed cans would be best for commuting, and the DT770 250ohm was next in line. Those are also too damn expensive so I ended up with a set of ATH-M40x with Shure 840 pads and soon to be a new cable I'm going make, since 1.2m of coiled cable is unwieldy for mobile.
HD 58x or 6XX can be found on the used market if you want to avoid duties/brokerage and any other fees couriers impose. Otherwise you could self-clear or pick it up from the US. However the drop for either isn't currently active (but it is widely requested).
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Headphones and speakers Crewbarnaby Peripherals 5 August 26, 2017 05:15 PM
Possible to run speakers and headphones at the same time? FLATLANDRIDER Audio 3 January 23, 2013 10:59 PM
Possible to run speakers and headphones at the same time? FLATLANDRIDER Peripherals 0 January 20, 2013 04:11 PM
Audio Crackling on speakers and headphones J2Hatt Troubleshooting 5 October 6, 2012 02:52 PM
Switch between headphones and speakers? BobbyLou Audio 3 November 25, 2010 11:05 PM