Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2017, 04:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default wow dolby 11.1 with DTSx

some reading on DTS:X vs. Dolby Atmos the newest sound format 11.1 with speakers on ceiling great for war movies

incoming mortar lol
Attached Images

Old December 10, 2017, 05:24 PM

My System Specs

I think its called 7.1.4 (main channels.subs.ceiling channels) in this case. Unless you are building a new home w/ a dedicated theatre room from the get go, Atmos isn't really feasible IMO.
Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Old December 10, 2017, 08:14 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I think its called 7.1.4 (main channels.subs.ceiling channels) in this case. Unless you are building a new home w/ a dedicated theatre room from the get go, Atmos isn't really feasible IMO.
Yes, I was just about to ask, how many people can even do normal Atmos in their living rooms? It's hard enough to get proper 5.1 setup without taking over the whole room
Old December 10, 2017, 08:58 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I bought the Anthem 1120 with plans to to go full Atmos, but wallet keeps getting annihilated by rediculous repairs for my semi. I have a buddy that has full Atmos and once I heard it I was hooked. Object based audio is simply amazing, but super expensive to get 11 speakers going. I know mine won't sound as good as his since one of his in wall LCR set is worth more than my Projector, but even at a stones throw quality to his it will be amazing.

Only reason I can afford it is cost plus 10% friendship ;)

There are some neat alternatives that are out to to actually doing all 11 speakers discreetly tho. They have speakers with an array at the top of the cabinet that is supposed to reflect off the ceiling and give you a real good image, but I want to go all in. My one disadvantage is how close my seating is to my back wall.