Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 13, 2014, 06:23 PM
Rookie

Default Headset No Sound Issue

I've owned my Razer Megaladon for a a few years now, and its never gave me problems before other than a little static here and there when moving the wires a bit. The problem occurred right after I dropped the Audio Controller device that is attached to the cord on the ground. (Soft Carpet btw)

No big deal I've had this happen many times without any ill effect, not more than 5 minutes before I was listening to music crystal clear. I come back and there is no sound, obviously this disturbed me so I immediately went to my devices and checked the drivers, uninstalled them, rebooted my system and reinstalled the drivers. Still no change. So I go to sound options, disable, re-enable, and try all different USB ports, do the same driver fix I had tried before with rebooting and still no change.

I decided to try some different headphones thinking that I would at least be able to hear sound, but no even that was not yielding sound. All I can think of for solutions is to either try and purchase ANOTHER headset and test THAT out or see if its a problem with firmware. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

*Note* I realize it could most obviously be because of dropping it on the floor, but since its been dropped many times beforehand on that carpet I would still like to at least hope it has some chance to live.
Old June 14, 2014, 03:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

need to open the box to re-solder broken connection while apart replace cord with better stuff