Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 13, 2014, 12:28 PM
Allstar

Default new case with HD audio plug. some audio & LED light issues

I transferred my system into a new Corsair case with front panel mic input. How do I enable it so i can plug my mic in there rather than the back?
ASRock Z77 Pro3, on board audio only.

Last edited by On2wheels; January 17, 2014 at 07:29 AM. Reason: fix subject. added LED problem
Old January 13, 2014, 12:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
I transferred my system into a new Corsair case with front panel mic input. How do I enable it so i can plug my mic in there rather than the back?
ASRock Z77 Pro3, on board audio only.
Hook up the HD Audio plug from the front panel not the AC'97
Old January 13, 2014, 12:53 PM
Allstar

Well I got it, as I should have done was google it. Since this is the first case with this sort of layout, it's the bios setting that was disabled. Learn something new every day.
Mods you can delete this thread.
Old January 17, 2014, 07:21 AM
Allstar

Grrr. I haven't been able to get my power light and HDD led to work since building into this new Corsair 200R case
Carbide Series® 200R Compact ATX Case - Carbide Series - Cases

On the motherboard, the power switch and reset plugs fit on the pins same way, so I assume the HDD and power plug lights would be the same, but doesn't seem so. Is that common to have those 2 rotated 90 degrees? I already tried flipping them so polarity was switched but no luck, lights are still out.

Bottom left corner, next row of pins above the speaker port, 9 pins. Top 4 pins are for HDD and power LEDs, next 4 down are for PWR switches and RESET buttons. Power is working since I've been able to use the machine fine, (haven't tried Reset yet).
Old January 17, 2014, 08:55 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Page 34 of your user manual shows the pin out of that header. The positive sides of the LED's are on the side closest to your expansion slots.

If they don't work after reversing them, you've got a RMA coming.
Old January 17, 2014, 04:31 PM
Allstar

Yeah that was it! the two LED plugs are flipped 90deg to the power and reset plugs. Wierd.