Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24, 2013, 07:24 PM
Trial Member

Default Can't decide wich headset

hey,
My Plantronics gamecom 777 broke a few days ago and i'm looking for a new headset.

Im Considering these choises:

Steelseries Siberia V2 usb or analog ( 160$ ) ( 95$ )
Logitech g30 ( 135$ )
Sennheiser PC 350 ( 170$ )
Or one of the Razer series, like tiamat.

Wich is the best Choice ? I mostly use it for games and movies .. sometimes music, but mostly games actually.

I have the msi gd65 gaming Motherboard, wich has a good onboard soundcard I pressume

I heard good things about the Sennheiser one, but I actually dont like the Sennheiser how it looks, ( looks a bit cheap to me ) but if it has the best sound etc I will buying it.

I Like the looks of the g35 and Siberia v2 actually more, and they both have surround sound.

And a stereo headset like the Sennheiser, i dont know ...

However I can get the Sennheiser for like 155-160$ plus the
Puretrak Valor Optical Gaming Mouse and Puretrak LowLandLions SE Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad for free. that sounds like a good deal.

But do I Need a new Soundcard then if I going for the Sennheiser pc 350 ?

ty
Old November 24, 2013, 07:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The soundcard is standard for these days on that board. Decent but nothing special.
You won't NEED a new soundcard but I think you will hear some difference in the quality(depending on the card and how sensitive you are to audio quality).
Really at that price - range, your at the edge of needing a soundcard

If you want to go for sound quality then a set of cans and a clip on mic will give you much better results (and probably would justify a sound card, at least at some stage).
Of the 3 there the pc350's would be my pick but after spending near $400 on headsets (both new and used) in the last 4 years or so, I'll never buy another one..
Cans and mic all the way for me. You can get a really nice set of comfortable and good quality cans for $100 - 120 and then a mic for?? a few bucks.
Another up side is you can use the cans for listening to music when out or traveling without a mic on em. :D

Surround on those headsets is virtual and wholly decided by the soundcard.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old November 25, 2013, 12:48 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzzope View Post
The soundcard is standard for these days on that board. Decent but nothing special.
You won't NEED a new soundcard but I think you will hear some difference in the quality(depending on the card and how sensitive you are to audio quality).
Really at that price - range, your at the edge of needing a soundcard

If you want to go for sound quality then a set of cans and a clip on mic will give you much better results (and probably would justify a sound card, at least at some stage).
Of the 3 there the pc350's would be my pick but after spending near $400 on headsets (both new and used) in the last 4 years or so, I'll never buy another one..
Cans and mic all the way for me. You can get a really nice set of comfortable and good quality cans for $100 - 120 and then a mic for?? a few bucks.
Another up side is you can use the cans for listening to music when out or traveling without a mic on em. :D

Surround on those headsets is virtual and wholly decided by the soundcard.

Second that..