Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15, 2013, 09:03 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Sound card for 250 ohm dt990 pro

I bought the dt990 pro headphones last month, the 250 ohm version ( only one available in my country ). I loved the way they sounded, far better then my previous gaming headset, but my onboard audio had trouble pushing the volume, making them fairly quiet. My friends bought me the Behringer ha400 microamp, which helped increase the volume, but lowered the quality of the sound. After attempting to use the ha400 for a few days I came to a conclusion that I can not get used to it, plus i felt bad for diminishing the quality of such nice headphones. I am thinking of buying a sound card from the asus xonar range in hopes that that will give me the volume i desire, whit out ruining the sound. I am pretty new to this field, so if any of my assumptions are wrong, please correct me.

My question is will the sound card give me the desired effect, if yes: which card should i get for around 40-50 euros, if not: is their any other way!
Old October 15, 2013, 11:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You pretty much only have two choices in that price range - the Xonar DG/DGX (pci vs pci-e) or the Xonar U3 (external usb) Both can be had for about half your budget. I'm not sure you can go for other choices in Serbia though, pretty much all the good options will have to be imported.
Old October 15, 2013, 11:57 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Is the DGX powerful enough? And will it add some to the quality?
Old October 15, 2013, 02:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It'll have enough power, but you won't be getting the most out of your headphones. The 250 ohm DT990's are known to be picky with their amps/sources.

Tags
sound card