SteelSeries Siberia v2 ~$70 1 100.00%
SteelSeries Siberia v2 USB Virtual Surround Sound ~$90 0 0%
Roccat Kave 5.1 ~$80 0 0%
Roccat Kave 5.1 XTD ~$170 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 28, 2013, 01:00 PM
Rookie

Post Current headset broke, looking to buy a new one.

Recently my Turtle Beach PX21's broke and I have been looking to get new headsets (with microphones) more catered towards PC gaming. I have been looking around and there's three brands with two models of headsets that I am looking at and was wondering if anybody had any personal experience or any advice to help me make a decision. I have also already done some research and have a some pros and cons for each one (Please correct me if some of my points are wrong.)

1. SteelSeries Siberia v2 for ~$70
PROS: Cheapest, have heard good reviews, headband contorts to shape of your head
CONS: Speakers are circular and ears are not which means the top and bottom of my ears will start to hurt from being pressed down, only stereo sound (not that big of a problem, though)

2. SteelSeries Siberia v2 USB w/ USB soundcard for ~$90
PROS: Almost the same as above except also has virtual 7.1 surround sound
CONS: Same speaker shape as above and more expensive than above

3. Roccat Kave 5.1 for ~$80
PROS: Real 5.1 surround sound, nice speaker shape to fit the ears nicely.
CONS: Heavy, I also read somewhere that to get the full 5.1 sound I would have to invest in a quality sound card which would make it cost more than it needs to.

4. Roccat Kave 5.1 XTD for ~ $170
PROS: More advanced than above
CONS: Most expensive, not out yet

5. Asus Vulcan Pro for ~$130
PROS: Noise cancelling, virtual 7.1 surround sound, perfect ear shape, carrying case included
CONS: Second most expensive but for better reasons than Roccat Kave

6. Asus Vulcan ANC for ~$100 (not sure about all the differences between the ANC and PRO versions
PROS: Noise cancelling
CONS: Think it is stereo sound.

Any advice is appreciated. All these headsets are on sale so quicker replies would be much appreciated. At this point, my preferences are as such:

1. ASUS 2. SteelSeries 3. Roccat

Also, what is the SteelSeries Siberia v2 Frost Blue Edition?
Old September 28, 2013, 01:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If I were to get any of those, it would be a siberia v2 analog. You should look at headphones instead of headsets, like the ATH-AD700 or HD555/HD558's.
Old September 28, 2013, 01:12 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
If I were to get any of those, it would be a siberia v2 analog. You should look at headphones instead of headsets, like the ATH-AD700 or HD555/HD558's.
Aren't headphones and headsets synonyms? Also, all those you recommended don't have mic's which are kind of a necessity in my case.
Old September 28, 2013, 01:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Amazon.com : Zalman Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone : Computer Headsets : Electronics
Old September 28, 2013, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I am sure there are better headsets around, but I am very happy with my Sierra Siberia v2 analog (I wouldn't pick USB). I also wanted a built in mic. I highly doubt it will ever hurt your head.... They are the lightest most comfortable headset I have had. Had them for around 9 months and love them. Picked blue ones when on sale for $60 @ staples.
Old September 28, 2013, 01:49 PM
Rookie

Yeah, I think I'll pass on that. Not too big of a fan of microphones like those. Too flimsy in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
I am sure there are better headsets around, but I am very happy with my Sierra Siberia v2 analog (I wouldn't pick USB). I also wanted a built in mic. I highly doubt it will ever hurt your head.... They are the lightest most comfortable headset I have had. Had them for around 9 months and love them. Picked blue ones when on sale for $60 @ staples.
I've heard a lot of good things about the Siberia. It's not my head I'm worried about but my ears. Circular speakers (like the ones on the PX21's) press on the top and bottom of my ear and start to hurt after a while. That is what I am worried about with the Siberia.

Last edited by lowfat; September 29, 2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old September 28, 2013, 02:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

looking for wired or wireless headset with mic ?
Old September 28, 2013, 04:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I would go with supa suggestion...
I've had a few different "good" headsets the last few years and while no expert on the subject, you'll get far more quality sound - build and comfort for your money if you go for a good quality set of cans and a clip on mic... and actually probably a better mic to boot.

Most comfortable headset I've ever worn was the Corsair HS1's... Unbelievably comfortable and big ear-cups. That said they are a bit heavy.

AKG: "So please don't piss on people and claim its raining. "
Soullessone21: "Their the only fat bitches I ever want in my wife :)"
Old September 28, 2013, 06:42 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
looking for wired or wireless headset with mic ?
Wired. I'm pretty much stuck on either Siberia or Vulcan but unless you have a really good argument for a different one I probably won't change my mind. These are on sale at my local Canada Computers and being a 15 year-old who recently moved to the country making it hard to get a job, I can't really go for extremely expensive stuff.

Tags
asus , headset , roccat , steelseries