Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5, 2013, 05:51 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

If you want to go USB, I seriously recommend looking at and buying either a Fiio E10 or a Nuforce Udac2.
Old November 12, 2013, 09:43 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
In my opinion you need a sound card with amplification. They're 150ohm resistance and sound like tin cans without it. I'd also say to get them to sound to their fullest potential you'd need to do the "Hero Mod".

PC350 "Hero Mod"
I'm learning as I go here. So you're saying a set with 150ohm impedance should be used with a soundcard? If I'm reading this right, my Sony's have 46ohm, and sound great to me with o/b sound, but ignorance is bliss, as they say.
Sony MDR-V600 Specs - Headphones - CNET Reviews

I've never used a soundcard with them, and I don't intend on buying one. So if this is true, you just saved me a bucket of money. I love the Sony's, no other set matches its frequency response, but i suppose the human ear is limited anyway.

I'm leaning toward the Corsair 1500, but I'm afraid to be dissapointed after using the Sonys for so long, and no returns allowed at CanComp.
Old November 12, 2013, 09:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

46ohm is only slightly higher than most, so I wouldn't say amplification is necessary. A decent sound card might make them sound better, but who knows.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...