Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 4, 2013, 11:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default Weak link in my headphone gear?

Currently have SRH840's and a Fiio E07k that I got to get me through a move and until I can get my media room built and setup. I'm not happy with the SQ at all. I'm into DIY audio FWIW and have a pair of speakers in the garage that cost less than these headphones to build and they absolutely embarrass these headphones for sound quality. The garage setup is only running off of onboard sound on a asus P5E-VM (IIRC) to a standard receiver for an amp.

It's going to be a while before I can get the media room done and listen to music on proper speakers and listening to tunes in the garage isn't all that comfortable so I'd like to improve the headphone gear to get me by. This sucks because I get in a mood to listen to some tunes and put on the headphones and put them down after 15 minutes because they sound so bad. I don't know where the weak link is so I'm looking for suggestions. Does anyone who is familiar with this equipment know which is the problem? Might be too the Fiio just cant drive these headphones well and that's why they don't sound too good.

Any help would be appreciated,
Ryan
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water