Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26, 2013, 09:03 PM
Rookie

Default which headset should i get?

hey guys! im in the market for a new gaming headset, i currently have x12 and would like a headset with better directional audio, better sound quality, and a good quality wire because my x12 wire is missing about and inch or so of the protective plastic. i was looking at sennheisers, audio technica and stuff like that but im not sure which is good. a built in mic is not needed but would be cool and would save me from getting an external. also im gaming in a loud basement (dryer and such) so noise cancellation is also good :)

thanks alot
Old June 27, 2013, 09:02 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Honestly I kept hearing good things about Sennheisers now of course it depends on what you want in your headset.

Since you're in a loud environment there's the Sennheiser 350SE, it features noise blocking for hearing and the mic has noise cancellation. I personally do not have that so I cannot say if this is true or not but people seem to really like that headset.
Old June 27, 2013, 09:29 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I have the PC 350 and it is an awesome headset so I can vouch for Sennheiser for sure. I also have a Cooler Master Sirus S 5.1 surround sound (true 5.1) up for sell. the CM one is awesome and it's hard to hear anything from outside when you have it on. Let me know if you are interested.
Old June 27, 2013, 11:19 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Sirius are awesome headsets from the reviews I have read, very worth it, the PC 350 also have wicked reviews, I have Gamecom 367 and be nice if ears were more closed off, but I can have AC running and nearly max out my 2 7870s gpu fans and barely hear them, well I hear slamming doors but that is one sound that annoys the hell out of me.
Old June 27, 2013, 11:27 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonstongue View Post
Sirius are awesome headsets from the reviews I have read, very worth it, the PC 350 also have wicked reviews, I have Gamecom 367 and be nice if ears were more closed off, but I can have AC running and nearly max out my 2 7870s gpu fans and barely hear them, well I hear slamming doors but that is one sound that annoys the hell out of me.
I am glad my wife doesn't slam doors. The PC 350 are in a class of their own. The Sirus can dump a lot of external noise. It's sad that I am letting them go, up for sell but I can't see me replacing the PC 350 audio quality when paired up with my sound card.
Old June 28, 2013, 04:26 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

If you dont need a mic, you have plenty of options, perhaps go check out recommendations on headfi there is a lot of information about headphones, you can even register an account and post a thread for gaming headphone suggestions. A couple which come to my mind would be audio technica m50, akg k550, sony mdr-1. Too bad you are in a noisy environment or else I would recommend open type headphones such as beyerdynamic dt770/990, sennheiser 5xx/6xx, etc.
Old June 28, 2013, 12:54 PM
Rookie

last night i was perusing the web and found the DT770 and the AD700 and was leaning towards the DT770 but i read that those needed a sound card.. is that true? if so il get the pc 350 and save myself a bit of the $ but if the dt770s are much better then the 350 then il get those. also i read that the dt770 is closed which is another reason i was concidering.

thanks
Old June 28, 2013, 09:02 PM
Rookie

Okso its between the dt770 ad 700 and pc360 or 350 not sure which :( I really like what I hear about the dt770 but do they really have too much bass? Also for dolby surround is the astro mixamp any good? Im going to be out of town for the week so il post back on friday thanks for all the help so far
Old June 28, 2013, 09:15 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

It depends on the impedance, the pc350 will require one too because of its 150ohm impedance. I own a pair of pc350 myself and they are modded for more bass (pc350 hero mod), and while they are good i dont think they are amazing for the price so i would look at the other cans i listed above. Ad700 and pc360 are both open type headphones so they dont isolate well, and in your first post mentioned you game in noisy environment and need the noise isolation.
Old June 28, 2013, 10:04 PM
Rookie

I think I might be going against the grain here but I'd get a pair of quality headphones if a mic isn't a necessity. Audio Technica ATH-M50s are a great pair of headphones for the money!

Just make sure you have a decent sound card to get the most out of them.