Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22, 2013, 11:57 PM
Rookie

Question HELP: ASUS Xonar Essence STX audio card -

Hi fellows, I have the ASUS Xonar Essence STX audio card. It was making my Altec Lansing speakers work. I reformatted my hard drive and downloaded drivers from the ASUS website. Now I only get sound from my monitor, I cannot get sound from the external jack to my external speakers or headphones!! Can someone tell me what is wrong?! Are the drivers not very good? I am using Windows 7 X64. What drivers are best for me and where can I get them?
Thank you
Old June 23, 2013, 12:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

By "only get sound from my monitor" it sounds like you've only got the HDMI audio drivers for your graphics card enabled and not your soundcard. I'm assuming your monitor gets its sound via your video card though. If your monitor uses a pass through from your sound card it's a different story.

EDIT: also, the bad Asus drivers should only affect DPC latency which has nothing to do with getting no sound. The third party drivers are here if you're curious: UNi Xonar Archives - MaxedTech They're essentially the just the Asus drivers cut down and streamlined.

Last edited by ilya; June 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old June 23, 2013, 09:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

1) Make sure your audio output in Windows is selected properly... Right click on the volume icon in the task bar and select "playback devices"
2) Make sure "Speakers ASUS Xonar Essence STX Audio Device" is set as the default device.
3) Check your settings in the Xonar Audio Center software that comes from ASUS.
4) If this still is not working try re-installing the software: go to https://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and...pport_Download and pick your operating system, under the Audio section, pick the non beta version second from the top (or try beta if you want).
5) Within the Xonar Audio center, make sure you set the Analog out for speakers if you're getting no sound at all.
Old June 23, 2013, 09:55 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Also, go to control panel => Sound ( or just search sound in the start menu) and make sure a correct device is chosen in the playback tab.

Edit: nvm, draemn pointed that out in #1
Old June 23, 2013, 10:41 AM
Rookie

Talking

Hi fellows,

You guys are great! Everything works now!!

Cheers,

CG