Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 3, 2013, 03:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
Probably $400 range is max... I'd really like having wireless rear speakers (or more), but not sure if that's really on the table these days... I can't even find the couple sets that used to offer that but were out of my price range at the time.
In that case, something from Edifier is probably your best bet. Then again, you'd probably even be happy with something like the Z506, unless you're particular about your audio quality.

For whatever it's worth, I have the 2.1 HK SoundSticks II and my 5.1 Logitech z5300es are boxed up in the basement. Even for games, I prefer the higher-quality sound over the increased directionality of the Logitechs.
Old June 4, 2013, 06:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
In that case, something from Edifier is probably your best bet. Then again, you'd probably even be happy with something like the Z506, unless you're particular about your audio quality.

For whatever it's worth, I have the 2.1 HK SoundSticks II and my 5.1 Logitech z5300es are boxed up in the basement. Even for games, I prefer the higher-quality sound over the increased directionality of the Logitechs.
FYI I use Senhheiser HD650 headphones... take from that what you will :)
Old August 2, 2013, 02:23 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post

picked up a receiver to handle the switching for the HK 3's last night for living room works nice, just using the headphone out on receiver and hdmi's in's, sounds real nice, little over board but I like these HK speakers allot.
Old August 2, 2013, 04:32 PM
Rookie

Seeing as you seem to be a lover of all things audio, I'm sure you'd be happier with some really nice 2.0 or 2.1s. I'd suggest a pair of audioengine a5, they're nice pair of near field speakers that really fill up a room. You can get a sub addon (god awful expensive) down the road, but the a5 itself packs a lot of punch already.