Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Audio (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/audio/)
-   -   Gaming Headphones Showdown. What To Buy? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/audio/60437-gaming-headphones-showdown-what-buy.html)

JoeOnePack March 28, 2013 10:16 AM

Gaming Headphones Showdown. What To Buy?

Hey guys,

I am in the market for another pair of gaming headphones. I currently have the Corsaie HS1's and for gaming surround sound, they are beyond horrible. I play BF3 mostly and notice that the surround sound is not accurate at all. I think I can do a little better than those.

I have been looking closely at the Steelseries Siberia V2 and the Corsair Vengeance 1500.

How is the virtual surround on these headsets? Am I still wasting my time?

Seems there are a bunch of V2's available for $50 on kijiji. Not sure if a deal like that can be passed up.

Any other suggestions?

enaberif March 28, 2013 10:54 AM

I am in the same boat as you and looking to buy a pair. I am probably going to end up with the 1500s as they seem to get a fairly good review.

JoeOnePack March 28, 2013 10:58 AM

I went to Canada Computers yesterday and they told me that the majority of good reviews come from the V2's. Seem to be more popular too.

enaberif March 28, 2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeOnePack (Post 699361)
I went to Canada Computers yesterday and they told me that the majority of good reviews come from the V2's. Seem to be more popular too.

Well there are two variations of the V2s.. The regular version and the USB version.

The USB version provides 7.1 where the regular seems to be just a regular headset.

The Corsair 1500 is 7.1 and cheap than the 7.1 version of the V2.

odis172 March 28, 2013 11:19 AM

I'm looking for some as well. Was considering the sennheiser pc350 and the other set with the open earcups but they are pretty pricey.

JoeOnePack March 28, 2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 699365)
Well there are two variations of the V2s.. The regular version and the USB version.

The USB version provides 7.1 where the regular seems to be just a regular headset.

The Corsair 1500 is 7.1 and cheap than the 7.1 version of the V2.

Well, most mobo's these days have on-board 7.1, so that is fairly irrelevant. :)

Slik March 28, 2013 11:59 AM

Depending on your budget the Tiamats are a SUPERB set for gaming. Features & Tech Specs: Razer Tiamat 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset - Razer? | For Gamers. By Gamers.? True analog surround and some neat features with the control pod.

enaberif March 28, 2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeOnePack (Post 699371)
Well, most mobo's these days have on-board 7.1, so that is fairly irrelevant. :)

The 7.1 headphones don't use the motherboards 7.1 it uses its own interface.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slik (Post 699375)
Depending on your budget the Tiamats are a SUPERB set for gaming. Features & Tech Specs: Razer Tiamat 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset - Razer? | For Gamers. By Gamers.? True analog surround and some neat features with the control pod.

Way to pricey!

Jackquelegs March 28, 2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeOnePack (Post 699354)
How is the virtual surround on these headsets? Am I still wasting my time?

Yes waste of time.

Razer Carcharias

enaberif March 28, 2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackquelegs (Post 699398)
Yes waste of time.

Razer Carcharias

So you would take a 2.0 headset over a 5.1 or 7.1?